The Michigan Tech Alumni Board of Directors is a group of volunteers elected from around the country to represent their fellow alumni. It sets priorities and works with the University to develop and support programs to connect alumni and support students.
Why Do Alumni Serve?
“This was a natural choice to give back to the school that has provided much of the foundation for my success.”
“Being a passionate member of the Michigan Tech community, this was a natural role to serve in. I love that I am in a position to be a conduit between the school, alumni and students to help build stronger relationships.”
“I feel I get back more than what I give working on this great team and also believe that we have, and continue to make changes that benefit the students and the University in general.”
Benefits of Service
Join a passionate (and fun) group of diverse individuals who work together to help the university achieve its goals. Be a part of a team making a difference for Michigan Tech and its alumni!
- Meet many amazing Huskies - engage with students, faculty, staff and fellow alumni and gain insight into the university’s vision for the future.
- Find opportunities for your company to be more engaged on campus
- Support and Inform students in your community who may be future Huskies.
- Continue the tradition of “Huskies helping Huskies”
- An excellent ‘excuse’ to get back to the Keweenaw twice per year.
Expectations of Directors
Members of the Alumni Board of Directors may use the following guidelines to define their involvement with the Board.
- Participate in semi-annual meetings held at Michigan Tech during Winter Carnival and, alternating annually, during Alumni Reunion in August of even-numbered years or during Homecoming in October of odd-numbered years.
- Participate in the work of a Board committee. Meetings will be scheduled by the committee chair but are generally held on a monthly basis. Committee meetings are held via conference call with meeting agenda and necessary materials provided electronically in advance.
- Participate in Alumni events held in the area where the Board member lives.
- Use time and talent to advance and promote Michigan Tech
- Provide an annual gift to Michigan Tech to support the area of their choice.
- Continue to stay engaged with Michigan Tech and the Alumni as a Life Director after completion of term of service on the Board.
- Be a role model, an ambassador, and evangelist for Michigan Tech; Directors are champions of the Michigan Tech Image!
- Board members are responsible for covering their own travel costs and accommodations when attending meetings.
The Board understands that circumstances may arise that affect a member from meeting these expectations and therefore will not use these guidelines to evaluate a Board member's performance.