Student Affairs plays a significant role in preparing Michigan Tech graduates to make a difference in our world. We seek direction from our mission, vision, and values to provide innovative student-centered activities, programs and services; promote civic engagement and responsibility; and develop strong leadership and team-building capabilities, critical thinking, and ethical awareness.
We prepare students to create the future and we make their success our highest priority.
Create Possibilities. Inspire Learning. Exceed Expectations.
- Create Pride and Affinity
- Foster Student Success
- Cultivate a Culture of Philanthropy
- Provide the Michigan Tech Experience
The success of Michigan Tech students is the most important measure of our progress. Given this, we are committed to inspiring:
- An engaged community that actively seeks improvement through acceptance and understanding.
- Students to achieve world-class scholarship through academics, research, and continued learning.
- The exploration and creation of all possibilities through innovative use of their skills and knowledge.
- Individuals to hold themselves accountable, and to act with integrity, honesty, and diligence.
- The tenacity required to make ethical choices and to persevere through all obstacles.
Our Learning Outcomes
Students engaged in programs, initiatives, and experiences offered by Student Affairs will:
- Understand and act as ethically and civically engaged leaders.
- Develop communication skills necessary to adapt and engage effectively in groups.
- Acquire and demonstrate personal responsibility and accountability.
- Obtain and apply intercultural knowledge to thrive in our global society.
- Exhibit a sense of pride and affinity for Michigan Tech.