The National Student Clearinghouse acts as Michigan Technological University’s authorized agent for providing degree verification for graduates and enrollment verification for students. The Clearinghouse receives data electronically from Michigan Tech and, in compliance with FERPA, dispenses the information electronically to requesting lending institutions, prospective employers, background investigation firms, and credit-granting agencies.
Student Degree/Enrollment Status Reported To Clearinghouse
Michigan Tech will begin to report awarded degrees to the Clearinghouse approximately two weeks after graduation. Student enrollment and anticipated graduation dates are reported to the Clearinghouse five times each semester with the first being sent on Thursday of week 2. Updated information will be available beginning the third week of the semester.
Enrollment status criteria are as follows:
|Undergraduate Students||Graduate Students|
|Full-time||12+ credits||Full-time||9+ credits|
|Half-time||6-11 credits||Full-time (Summer)||1+ credits|
|Less than half-time||1-5 credits||Half-time||5-8 credits|
|Less than half-time||1-4 credits|
In cooperation with the National Student Clearinghouse, Michigan Tech provides a free self-service that allows students to verify and view enrollment information twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week. This service is available in BanWeb.
Students will have access to the following:
- Obtain an enrollment certificate to print and mail to health care providers, insurance
companies, or other agencies that request proof of enrollment status.
- Current Enrollment - enrollment information for the current term.
- Advanced Registration - enrollment information for a future term.
- View enrollment information on file with the Clearinghouse.
- View student loan deferment notifications the Clearinghouse has provided to loan lenders and guarantors.
- View proof(s) of enrollment the Clearinghouse has provided to health insurers and other providers of student services or products.
- View specific information about student loans.
Accessing the Clearinghouse Self-Service Site
- Log into BanWeb by entering your user ID and password
- From the main menu select Students
- Under Students select Student Records
- Under Student Records select Enrollment Verification
- Upon completion of site use, log off the National Student Clearinghouse secure site.
- Log off the BanWeb page.
Printing Enrollment Verifications
From the Clearinghouse self-service menu, select Obtain an Enrollment Certificate, and indicate whether it will be for the current term or for all terms of enrollment.
The self-service enrollment verifications can be used for health insurers, credit issuers, housing providers, and others seeking verification of your enrollment. All such verifications/certifications printed from the National Student Clearinghouse secure site are official and need no further institutional signatures or seals. The Clearinghouse enrollment verification/certification form is easily and clearly identifiable with the distinctive 'tree' watermark.