Designed for the Traditional Student or Industry Professional
Take the next step in manufacturing engineering, whether your background is in:
- manufacturing engineering
- mechanical engineering
- electrical or computer engineering
- materials science and engineering
- manufacturing engineering technology
- mechanical engineering technology
or a related engineering or technology discipline. Undergraduate courses or work experience in Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, quality control, statics, and strength of materials is an advantage.
Applying to Graduate School is free (no application fees) and fast (no official transcripts or test scores are needed to start). The application process involves three easy steps. International applicants are required to pay a non-refundable $10 processing fee per application.
Michigan Tech offers several admissions options in order to meet the educational needs of students from a variety of backgrounds. Students should review the options available to them and apply for the program that will best help them achieve their personal educational goals.
To be considered for admission to the Graduate School as a degree- or certificate-seeking student, you need to:
- have a bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution, and
- be prepared for advanced study in your chosen field, as demonstrated by your previous degree and your scholastic record.
See additional application requirements, including required materials:
International Students must apply and be accepted into a degree-granting program in order to earn a graduate certificate. A non-refundable $10 processing fee per application is required.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Résumé / Curriculum vitae
- GPA - All grade points are considered and applicants will be admitted at the discretion of the program
- GRE not required
- No Additional Documents Accepted
- TOEFL: Recommended Score of 79 iBT
- IELTS: Recommended Score of 6.5 overall
Michigan Tech requires a minimum 79 overall TOEFL or 6.5 overall IELTS score.
Made on a rolling basis
- Administrative Aide, Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Graduate Program Coordinator, Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Technology
- EERC 426