Outside the Classroom
What do graduates say helped them the most in their education? Sometimes it’s a single project. Often it’s real-world research. Many students learn through Senior Design, Enterprise, and co-op experiences. The Michigan Tech Research Institute (MTRI) offers students the chance to see research in action and learn from some of the University’s top scientists and project managers. Here are a few highlights of student research at MTRI.
On the cover: Underground robots. Wildfire tech. Drones for archaeology. At the Michigan Tech Research
Institute, students opt outside for real-world research experience, learning from
some of the University’s top scientists and project managers in the process.
Published by University Marketing and Communications
- Ian Repp—Associate Vice President for University Marketing and Communications
- Stefanie Sidortsova—Executive Director for Communications
- Nicole Kelly—Creative Director
- Sarah Bird—UMC Photographer | Creative Lead, Studio
- Jessie Tobias—Articles Editor
- Ben Jaszczak—Multimedia Specialist
- Megan Ross—Digital Support Manager
- Comments to the editor
- Class Notes submissions and mailing address changes