Applications for Fall 2018 will be accepted on a rolling basis
Who Can Apply:
All students are eligible to apply after their first semester on campus. It is preferred that you have at least 2.5 - 3 years (5 - 6 semesters) remaining on campus after the semester during which you apply in order to complete the elements of our Honors Pathways. If you have less time remaining to graduation, but are passionate about your educational goals, please make an appointment to discuss your interests and accomplishments with a Pavlis Honors College advisor.
There is no GPA requirement for application, only your commitment and motivation to achieving your goals and strengthening your Pavlis Honors Abilities. To apply, you should be able to share your vision for incorporating this into your education.
How to Apply:
There is one single application process for all of the experiential Honors Pathways within the Pavlis Honors College. In the application, you select which pathway you intend to apply to. Below are the detailed steps necessary to apply to the Pavlis Honors Pathway Program.
- We recommend that interested students attend an information session or meet with a Pavlis mentor. Please visit the college calendar to find an info session that you can attend, or swing by the Pavlis Honors College Collaboration Space (722 M&M - top floor overlooking the water) Monday through Friday during business hours.
- Create and fully complete a Seelio E-Portfolio Profile. You must fully complete the Header and Basic Information, including uploading your current resume. If you'd like to view examples of current Pavlis student profiles visit the Seelio member gallery.
- Create an original work in the form of a video that helps us understand why you have
selected the Pathway of interest to you. Your video may consist of your own edited
footage, a video recording of a PowerPoint, an autoplay Prezi presentation, or even an essay that you read aloud on video. Your video should be approximately 2 minutes in length. Please note that Prezi does not have an export to video feature, so you will need
to use screen recording software to create a video. Examples of past application videos
can be found by perusing our Seelio member gallery. Your original work should be:
- Creative, reflecting you as an individual
- Clear, articulating your personal goals and vision
- Connected to your pathway and its importance
- Post your original work on your Seelio E-Portfolio
- Use the description box on Seelio to explain your work and share citations to external resources
- Under Visibility and Settings (upper right-hand corner), select Visible to Everyone
- Be advised that you cannot upload a video directly to Seelio due to size limitations. To post your video, upload it to YouTube, make sure it is public, and then link to it from your Seelio profile.
- If you have any issues uploading to Seelio, you can contact customer support at email@example.com. If Seelio does not get back to you in a timely manner, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out this application form, which includes one essay question related to our Pavlis Honors Abilities, a list of competencies that every Pavlis Honors College student is expected to graduate with. The essay question is: Which Pavlis Honors Ability do you believe will be most challenging for you, and why? What are some initial ideas you have about how to push yourself to grow in this area? Please prepare your response in a Word or similar document and have it ready to copy and paste into the application form. Your response should be 500-1000 words in length. If you are a pre-admission student, you are not required to complete this part of the application.
- Have a reference (somebody who is familiar with you as an individual and can comment on your capacity to participate successfully in the Pavlis Honors College) complete a recommendation form. Excellent references include faculty, advisors, supervisors or high school teachers or counselors. If you are a pre-admission student, you are not required to complete this part of the application.