Center for Science and Environmental Outreach
The Center for Science and Environmental Outreach (CSEO) has operated for almost two decades, reaching out to stakeholders locally, statewide, and across the upper Great Lakes region. K–12 students and teachers and the community comprise the center’s constituency. “Bringing people to the water and water to the people” is the center’s watchword. The CSEO office is housed in the GLRC, just down the hall from the first-floor main entrance.
Activities and events organized by the CSEO focus on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) subjects and include:
- after-school science classes,
- summer science camps,
- teacher institutes,
- communicating science courses,
- GM's Ride the Waves science excursions
- the Lake Superior Celebration,
- the Biennial Lake Superior Youth Symposium, and
- the annual Lake Superior Water Festival.
The CSEO is associated with the Western Upper Peninsula Center for Science, Mathematics, and Environmental Education and the Lake Superior Stewardship Initiative.