Join One of the Top-Ranked Online Master's in Electrical and Computer Engineering Programs in the Nation.
Electrical and computer engineers work on the frontier of technology, creating designs and ideas that change the way we live. And with the recent developments (and challenges) in semiconductor production, electric vehicles, and power grids, they are needed more than ever.
Advance your career, boost your earning potential, and make an impact. Graduate from a program ranked #3 in the Best Online Master's in Electrical Engineering Programs of 2022.
When you earn your electrical and computer engineering online degree at Michigan Tech, you'll master design and analysis skills to tackle projects in electrical engineering and power systems. You'll push your technical and creative problem-solving skills to new levels and learn to challenge what is possible.
What Courses Will You Take in the Online MS in ECE Program?
Flexible and research-based, our online electrical engineering degree is ideal for working professionals. Learn from the comfort of your home or office. View lectures at your convenience.
This 30-credit program has no required courses. That is, you will work with an advisor to customize a program that meets your personal and professional goals.
Breakdown of Courses
- A minimum of 18 credits of advisor-approved 5000 level or higher in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Math, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics.
- A maximum of 12 credits of advisor-approved 4000 level courses.
- A maximum of 3 credits of co-op experience.
Explore the curriculum in greater detail at the electrical and computer engineering program website.
Why Earn Your Online Master's in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Michigan Tech?
- Acquire a respected degree. Michigan Tech is one of the top-rated schools in the nation for engineering and STEM. Our graduates are known for changing the world in areas such as communications engineering, nanotechnology, computing, civil engineering, and more.
- Get the same outstanding education you would on campus. Online master's degree students enroll in the same classes and work with the same esteemed professors as do on-campus students.
- Learn from leading innovators. Our electrical and computer engineering faculty have diverse research expertise in several areas: power electronics and grid cybersecurity; wireless communications and big data; renewable energy integration; and hybrid electrical vehicle control and modeling.
What Can You Do With a Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering?
Why does Michigan Tech consistently rank as having one of the best electrical engineering graduate programs in the nation? In one word: results.
100% of our electrical and computer engineering graduates find employment in their fields. They are inventing new technologies and designing devices we use every day, such as smartphones, tablet computers, medical diagnostics, wireless systems, and power grids. They are changing the world and improving our lives by working in several fields: power systems, robotics, electric vehicles, mechatronics, and more.
What is the Salary for a Graduate With a MS in ECE?
A master's degree can lead to higher-level management jobs and higher pay. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) states that engineering managers earn an average of $152,350 per year. By comparison, those with electrical and electronics engineering jobs requiring only a bachelor's degree average $101,780 per year.
Earn your online master's in electrical and computer engineering and stand out from the rest.
Get Started on Your Online Graduate Degree.
Access career opportunities, leadership roles, and a better salary with your online engineering and computing degree. Take the next step on your educational journey at Michigan Tech. We are here to answer your questions and to help you succeed in your online program.