Perceptive Content is the new name for the software previously called ImageNow. Updating the information on our webpages is in process, so the webpages and documentation may reflect either name. Perceptive Content is a content management software used by Michigan Tech to store and retrieve documents, including: invoices, such as payments to vendor; travel report and other reimbursements to employees; purchases order and supporting quotes and bids; journal voucher, including reallocation of expenditures and budget transfers, and many other documents. It is also used for business processes, such as approving and routing invoices from departments to Accounts Payable.
Fax Agent or Document Upload
Michigan Tech personnel can fax or upload to Perceptive Content many of the documents they currently send through campus mail. The Financial Services and Operations fax number for Fax Agent is 906-487-2119.
Upload a scanned copy (scanned as black and white) using the Document Upload website. Financial Services personnel will receive and process faxed or uploaded documents in Perceptive Content.
- New users to Perceptive Content must submit the Finance Access form.
- Current Perceptive Content users can request uploading access via email.
- The User Guide will walk you through the process
- Finance Access Request Form
- Blanket Order Invoices
- Budget Transfer Forms (Department Approved)
- Business Meals and Banquet Reports (non-employee or payment to vendor)
- International Travel Requests (non-employee)
- Petty Cash Requests and Receipts
- PO Invoices
- PO Receiver Copy
- Requisition Attachments
- Sales & Use Tax Certificate of Exemption Requests
- Travel Advances
- Vendor Direct Deposit (EFT) Forms
- Vendor Request for Taxpayer Id Number & Certification
- Include the Account index and codes for petty cash
- Print your name after your signatures for readability
- Do not use highlighters since they make the print hard to read
- Do not put tape over printing
- Keep original documents for 7 days
- Fax individual documents separately or use a stop sign to separate
Did you know this about Perceptive Content (formerly known as ImageNow)?
When viewing a document in Perceptive Content, if you do not see thumbnails (the individual document pages), go to the View menu and click Thumbnails. Navigate from page to page by double clicking on the Thumbnail or by using the blue arrows at the bottom of the thumbnail window. Likewise, to view a document's Properties (e.g. for an invoice, the invoice number, vendor ID and vendor name), go to the view menu and click Properties. The next time you sign into Perceptive Content both the Thumbnails and Properties will be there.
Since these documents are stored in Perceptive Content you don't have to keep them in file cabinets in your office. There are numerous ways to look them up. See Instructions.
When you have a document open in your PO Receiver Queue (if you process your PO receivers in Perceptive Content) or a document query for a purchase order, blanket order or invoice, you can easily pull up all related documents - all invoices paid on a PO or Blanket Order, the PO or Blanket related to an invoice, or from an invoice all other invoices related to the same PO or Blanket Order. To use the related document feature, go to the View menu and click Related Documents. See Illustration.
When drilling down to a purchase order, invoice or some journals in Finance Self-Service, open Perceptive Content and under Application, click on Finance Self-Service - View Document. The source document will appear on your screen. NOTE: You must be in Internet Explorer for this to work. See Instructions.
Run a detail report in WebFOCUS such as FZGDET003B - Transaction Detail, worksheet by Fiscal Period File. Export it to Excel. In Perceptive Content, under Documents, choose AS-List of Documents. In the left hand View pane, click on the filter: List. Copy and paste a list of invoices (or journal numbers or PO numbers) from the spreadsheet in the box under prompt Conditions. Click OK. The list of documents will appear. Double click on a document to open it. See Instructions.