Contractor Information

Executive Order 2020-70 was issued on May 1, 2020 and will allow workers in the construction industry to return to work beginning May 7, 2020.  Michigan Tech will allow contractors to return to campus to continue working on construction projects already under contract.

New requirements related to the COVID-19 issue have been developed to work safely. Contractors will need to review the COVID-19 Contractor Guidelines for Working on Campus, and submit a new Safety Plan and have it approved by Michigan Tech prior to returning. Please email your Safety Plan to

Also, we will continue to process payments, though our Accounts Payable department is at a reduced capacity because of the current situation.      


Outside contractors working on campus are required to have an up-to-date certificate of insurance on file with Engineering Services and an approved Contractor Pre-Qualification Form for bids due after July 1, 2019.

Contractor Pre-Qualification Form

Contractors awarded bids at Michigan Technological University must read these: