Commencement will not be held as a face-to-face event on May 2nd as planned. Our Commencement Committee is working diligently to offer an alternative solution. When the details have been finalized, an update will be provided to all students participating in Spring Commencement. Instructions regarding regalia refunds will be available after Governor Whitmer's "Stay Home, Stay Safe" Executive Order is lifted and our plans for commencement have been decided.
You must wear a cap and gown for the commencement ceremony, unless you are an ROTC commissionee. Commissionees wear their uniforms, not caps and gowns. If you have any questions, please refer to the Regalia Guidelines.
How to Order
Students participating in Spring Commencement 2020 can order their caps and gowns through the Campus Store.
The gown is the property of the graduate. Rental commencement regalia is not available. If you have questions regarding regalia, contact email@example.com.
Orders placed by midnight on February 23, 2020
Undergraduate set $50.00 (plus tax)
Master's set $100.00 (plus tax)
PhD set $140.00 (plus tax)
Orders placed after February 23, 2020
Undergraduate set $70.00 (plus expedited shipping and tax)
Master's set $120.00 (plus expedited shipping and tax)
PhD set $160.00 (plus expedited shipping and tax)
Orders placed after Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at noon are not guaranteed to arrive
before the commencement ceremony.
If you have questions regarding your regalia order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For commencement ticket information, please visit www.mtu.edu/commencement/tickets.
A few things to note:
- All sets include a gown, SureFit cap (one size fits most) and tassel. Master's and PhD sets also include a hood.
- Prices subject to change. There are no refunds on cap and gown orders.
- Students participating in Midyear Commencement 2020 may order their cap and gowns beginning in October 2020. Students participating in the Spring Commencement 2021 ceremony may order their caps and gowns beginning in February 2021.
- Master's and PhD students may not wear Undergraduate regalia. Similarly, Undergraduates may not wear Graduate regalia.
- Please contact the Campus Bookstore at 906-487-2410 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
How to Get Cords
Honor cords are issued to undergraduate degree candidates based on GPA as determined by the University. The Campus Bookstore has a list of eligible candidates and cords will be available when students pick up graduation regalia.
Veterans receive a red, white and blue cord to wear at the ceremony. Please contact Kathy Pintar in the Registrar's Office to get your cord.
How to Wear Your Tassel
All graduates wear their tassels on the right side of their cap. Michigan Tech asks graduates to wear tassels this way so the photographer has a clear opening to take your picture.