You must wear a cap and gown for the commencement ceremony, unless you are an ROTC commissionee. Commissionees wear their uniforms. If you have questions, please refer to the Regalia Guidelines.
How to Order
Graduates may order their caps and gowns through the Campus Store. Regalia is the property of the graduate. Rental regalia is not available.
Regalia Order Deadlines
Orders placed by noon on October 11, 2021
Undergraduate Candidate Set $50.00 (plus tax)
Masters Candidate Set $100.00 (plus tax)
PhD Candidate set $130.00 (plus tax)
Orders placed after October 11, 2021
Undergraduate Candidate Set $70.00 (plus tax and expedited shipping)
Masters Candidate Set $120.00 (plus tax and expedited shipping)
PhD Candidate set $150.00 (plus tax and expedited shipping)
Orders placed after noon on November 15, 2021 are not guaranteed to arrive before the ceremony.
Regalia orders can be picked up Monday, December 13, 2021 through Thursday, December 16, 2021 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Campus Store Buyback Window. You will need to present a photo ID to pick up your order.
A few things to note:
- All sets include a gown, SureFit cap (one size fits most) and tassel. Masters and PhD sets also include a hood.
- Prices subject to change. There are no refunds on cap and gown orders.
- Students participating in the Spring Commencement 2022 ceremony may order their caps and gowns beginning in February 2022. Students participating in Midyear Commencement 2022 may order their caps and gowns beginning in October 2022.
- Masters and PhD students may not wear undergraduate regalia. Similarly, undergraduates may not wear graduate regalia.
- Please contact the Campus Bookstore at 906-487-2410 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
How to Get Cords
Honor cords are issued to undergraduate degree candidates based on GPA as determined by the University. The Campus Bookstore has a list of eligible candidates and cords will be available when students pick up graduation regalia.
Veterans receive a red, white and blue cord to wear at the ceremony. Please contact Kathy Pintar in the Registrar's Office to get your cord.
How to Wear Your Tassel
All graduates wear their tassels on the right side of their cap. Michigan Tech asks graduates to wear tassels this way, so the photographer has a clear opening to take your picture.