Due to the University’s move to Health and Safety Level 4, the in-person commencement ceremonies are cancelled. We will be hosting a virtual celebration for all of our graduating students. We will reach out to our graduates soon to let them know how they can participate.
You must wear a cap and gown for the commencement ceremony, unless you are an ROTC commissionee. Commissionees wear their uniforms. If you have any questions, please refer to the Regalia Guidelines.
If you ordered regalia and would like to return it, contact Michele Nash from Herff Jones at email@example.com or 248-667-9018.
If you would like to still purchase regalia as a keepsake, you can do so through Herff Jones.
If you have questions regarding your regalia order, contact Michele Nash at 248-667-9018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Order
Students participating in the Midyear Ceremony can order their regalia through Herff Jones. To order, follow the link located on the Campus Bookstore website. Please see the official Herff Jones flyer for available products and prices. All orders will be shipped to the address that you provide at the time of order. Attire will ship within two weeks from your order date.
Early Bird Pricing available now through 11/24/2020
Undergraduate set $50.00 (plus tax and shipping)
Master's set $100.00 (plus tax and shipping)
PhD set $140.00 (plus tax and shipping)
The deadline to order is December 4, 2020. If you miss the deadline, contact email@example.com.
A few things to note:
- All sets include a gown, SureFit cap (one size fits most) and tassel. Master's and PhD sets also include a hood.
- The gown is the property of the graduate. Rental commencement regalia is not available.
- Master's and PhD students may not wear undergraduate regalia. Similarly, undergraduates may not wear graduate regalia.
- Students participating in the Spring Commencement 2021 ceremony may order their caps and gowns beginning in February 2021. Students participating in Midyear Commencement 2021 may order their cap and gowns beginning in October 2021.
How to Get Cords
Honor cords are issued to undergraduate degree candidates based on GPA as determined by the University. They are granted on the following basis:
- 3.9–4.0 summa cum laude (highest honors)
- 3.7–3.89 magna cum laude (high honors)
- 3.5–3.69 cum laude (honors)
The Commencement Team will contact the graduates regarding how to get their honor cords.
Veterans receive a red, white and blue cord to wear at the ceremony. Please contact Kathy Pintar in the Registrar's Office to get your cord.