Regalia is encouraged, but not required at the outdoor graduation celebration. ROTC Commissionees are welcome to wear their uniforms.
If you have any questions regarding regalia, please refer to the Regalia Guidelines.
How to Order
The deadline to order regalia through Herff Jones was April 8, 2021. If you missed the deadline, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you ordered regalia through Herff Jones and have questions regarding your order, contact Michele Nash at 248-667-9018 or email@example.com.
Undergraduate set $50.00 (plus tax and shipping)
Master's set $100.00 (plus tax and shipping)
PhD set $120.00 (plus tax and shipping)
A few things to note:
- All sets include a gown, SureFit cap (one size fits most) and tassel. Master's and PhD sets also include a hood.
- The gown is the property of the graduate. Rental commencement regalia is not available.
- Master's and PhD students may not wear undergraduate regalia. Similarly, undergraduates may not wear graduate regalia.
- Students participating in the Midyear Commencement 2021 ceremony may order their caps and gowns beginning in October 2021. Students participating in Spring Commencement 2022 may order their cap and gowns beginning in February 2022.
How to Get Cords
Honor cords are issued to undergraduate degree candidates based on GPA as determined by the University. They are granted on the following basis:
- 3.9–4.0 summa cum laude (highest honors)
- 3.7–3.89 magna cum laude (high honors)
- 3.5–3.69 cum laude (honors)
If you are an undergraduate student earning academic honors, you will be able to pick up your honors cords at the Campus Store Buyback Window beginning Monday, April 26, through Thursday, April 29, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You will need to present a photo ID. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veterans will receive a red, white and blue cord to wear at the celebration. Please contact Kathy Pintar in the Registrar's Office to get your cord.