All undergraduate students must submit an online graduation application. The form needs to be filled out by all prospective graduates—including those who do not plan to participate in the commencement ceremony. A separate application is required for each undergraduate degree.
Apply for GraduationThis application must be completed no later than week 10 of the semester prior to the graduating semester.
Students participate in the commencement ceremony in the term in which they graduate; however, summer graduates participate in the spring ceremony prior to their actual graduation.
Commencement Ceremony Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony, students must:
- Be registered in the course(s) that will complete all outstanding program requirements.
- Have an approved audit on file with the academic advisor for each academic program in which enrolled.
- Have a graduation application on file for each degree and certificate in which enrolled in the Registrar's Office no later than week 10 of the semester prior to the graduating semester.
Participation in a commencement ceremony is not equivalent to graduation. Since the ceremony may occur before final grades are submitted, it is not possible to determine if all degree requirements have been met at that time. Graduation becomes official after all grades are received and the degree notation is placed on the academic record.
Once your graduation application is on file with Degree Services, your name will be added to the undergraduate candidates list (updated weekly on the commencement website).
Please note: legal names are used at the ceremony and printed on the diploma unless otherwise indicated by the graduate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to use a preferred first name.
If your attendance plans change from what you indicated on your graduation application, please contact Degree Services (email@example.com).
Current graduate (master's and PhD) students must submit a Commencement Application Form by 4:00 p.m. on the Friday of week 5.
Current graduate students
To qualify for participation in the upcoming ceremony and be listed in the program you must:
- Submit a Commencement Application (Walk) Form requesting to participate in commencement to the Graduate School.
- Contact the Graduate School (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your plans have changed and you are not completing your degree this or next semester.
- Once your Commencement Application Form is on file with the Graduate School, your name will be added the graduate candidates list (updated weekly on the commencement website).
Graduate students who previously graduated and wish to attend commencement
Please contact the Graduate School if you:
- Have not yet confirmed your attendance (even if you have indicated planned attendance on your “Degree Completion” form).
For information regarding diplomas, please visit the Diploma Information page.