Congratulations Huskies—you did it! The pride you have now grows stronger with time. Every Husky remembers their MTU graduation. Your Michigan Tech family joins you and your loved ones to celebrate completion of this journey!
The Graduate Student ceremony will be held Friday, April 28, 2023 at 3 p.m. and the Undergraduate Student ceremony will be held Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 10:30 a.m.
A few things to note:
- Graduate students should arrive no later than 2 p.m. on Friday , April 28, 2023
- Undergraduate students should arrive no later than 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 29, 2023
- Guests are provided audience seating and do not sit with the graduates.
- Both ceremonies generally lasts around two hours.
- The SDC is a tobacco and alcohol-free facility.
- For the safety and security of the graduates and their guests, please be advised that all bags are searched prior to entering the event. Public Safety and Police Services are present.
- Show your Husky Pride and use #mtugrad when posting on social media.
Beginning Spring 2023, the Graduate Student ceremony will be held Friday, April 28, 2023 at 3:00 pm and the Undergraduate Student ceremony will be held Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 10:30 am. in the Student Ice Arena of the Student Development Complex (SDC).
The Spring Commencement ceremony generally lasts more than 2.5 hours. The Midyear Commencement ceremony is approximately 2 hours in length.
Live streaming is available beginning on the morning of the ceremony.
The Student Development Complex is open by 8:30 a.m. the day of the ceremony. Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis. Concessions and campus retail stores are open. The SDC is an alcohol-free and tobacco-free facility.
- For the safety and security of the graduates and their guests, please be advised that all bags are searched prior to entering the event.
- At the ceremony conclusion please remain in your seats until all graduates have recessed.
- First aid and Public Safety and Police Services will be available.
Accessible parking is available on a first-come-first-served basis at the commencement ceremony location.
A spring undergraduate seating chart, a spring graduate seating chart, and a midyear combined seating chart will become available within a short time period before the commencement ceremony date.
Wheelchair accessible seating locations in the Student Development Complex (SDC) allow access for one person in their own wheelchair and one companion (two individuals per reservation). Wheelchair accessible seating is limited and all seating assignments will be processed in a first-come, first-served manner as guests arrive. To facilitate this process, we ask that guests who require wheelchair-accessible seating fill out the Accessible Seating Notification Form.
To facilitate this process, we ask that guests who require wheelchair-accessible seating fill out the Accessible Seating Notification Form prior to arrival. If you are a guest of the ceremony and did not fill out the accessible seating notification form prior to arrival, please see any of the commencement marshals to help with seating locations and availability.
If any member of your party has difficulty walking or using stairs or ramps but does
not use a wheelchair, seating options with no stair steps are located throughout the
Student Development Complex (SDC) and can be reserved. This seating option is ideal
for guests with fold-up walkers or canes that are able to be placed on the ground
near them. To facilitate this process, we ask that guests who require limited mobility
seating fill out the Accessible Seating Notification Form.
Both guests with wheelchair-accessible seating reservations and those in need of limited mobility seating are strongly encouraged to arrive at the Student Development Complex (SDC) no later than one hour before the ceremony in order to ensure you are in your seat location for the start of the ceremony. Doors will open at 8:30 a.m., two hours prior to the start of the ceremony.
The live stream of the ceremony offers real-time captioning. Afterward, the recorded version of the event will stay on the website for those unable to watch it during the live event.
Neither participation in the commencement ceremony nor inclusion in the program constitutes official completion of degree requirements or the attainment of honors or other recognitions.