- Academic Office Building G010
- Associate Professor of Management Information Systems, College of Business
- Richard and Joyce Ten Haken Faculty Fellow in Business
- PhD in Information Systems, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- MS in Public Administration (minor in IS), Brigham Young University
- BA in Organizational Communication, University of Utah
Jeffrey Wall joined MTU in 2015. Prior to joining MTU he taught at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro where he also received his PhD in Information Systems. Before earning his PhD, Jeffrey worked for several small businesses including some that he started. Small business and entrepreneurship are two of his passions.
Jeffrey has been involved in the design and development of several proprietary ecommerce systems and an ERP system.
- Web programming
- Business Process Analysis
- Information Security
- Database Design
- Information security behavior
- Individual deviance
- Organizational deviance
- Organizational controls
- Small business/entrepreneurship
- Wall, J. D., & Warkentin, M. (2019). Perceived argument quality's effect on threat and coping appraisals in fear appeals: An experiment and exploration of realism check heuristics. Information & Management, 56(8).
- Jiang, Ling, Mirkovski, Kristijan, Wall, Jeffrey D., Wagner, Christian, and Lowry, Paul Benjamin (2018). Proposing the Core Contributor Withdrawal Theory (CCWT) to Understand Core Contributor Withdrawal from Online Peer-Production Communities. Internet Research, 28(4).
- Wall, Jeffrey D. and Singh, Rahul (2018). The Organization Man and the Innovator: Theoretical archetypes to inform behavioral information security research. The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, 49(SI).
- Wall, Jeffrey D. and Buche, Mari W. (2017). To fear or not to fear? A critical review and analysis of fear appeals in the information security context. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 41(1), p. 277-300.
- Wall, Jeffrey D. and Singh, Rahul (2017). Contextualized meaning extraction: A meta-algorithm for big data text mining with pragmatics. International Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence, 7(3), p. 15-29.
- Wall, Jeffrey D., Lowry, Paul Benjamin, and Barlow, Jordan (2016). Organizational violations of externally governed privacy and security rules: Explaining and predicting selective violations under conditions of strain and excess. Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 17(1),p. 39-76.
- Wall, Jeffrey D., Stahl, Bernd C., and Salam, A.F. (2015). Critical discourse analysis as a review methodology: An empirical example. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 37(1),p. 257-285.
- Wall, Jeffrey D., Knapp, Janice (2015). Learning computing topics in undergraduate information systems courses: Managing perceived difficulty. Journal of Information Systems Education, 25(3), p. 245-259.
- Nemati, Hamid, Wall, Jeffrey D., and Chow, Anthony (2014). Privacy coping and information sharing behaviors in social media: A comparison of Chinese and U.S. users. Journal of Global Information Technology Management, 17(4), p. 228-249.
- Wall, Jeffrey D., Palvia, Prashant, and Lowry, Paul Benjamin (2013). Control-related motivations and information security policy compliance: The role of autonomy and efficacy. Journal of Information Privacy and Security, 9(4), p. 52-79.