- Academic Office Building 103
- Dean, College of Business
- James and Dolores Trethewey Professor, College of Business
- Director of Applied Portfolio Management Program
- PhD in Finance, University of Wisconsin - Madison
Dr. Johnson is the Founding Director of the Applied Portfolio Management Program.
This unique class allows students to manage over $1 million in the financial markets.
Three times this program has won the international investment competition at the R.I.S.E.
Conference. In recognition of their success, Dr. Johnson and his students opened the
Nasdaq Stock Exchange and were featured on national television and in Business Week.
Dr. Johnson has been awarded the Professor of the Year by the Presidents Council, State Universities of Michigan (PCSUM), twice the MTU Distinguished Teaching Award, the SBE Outstanding Teaching Award, the SBE Innovative Teaching Award, and has been nominated for the MTU Innovative Teaching Award and the U.S. Professor of the Year Award.
- Applied Portfolio Management
- Derivative Securities
- Asset Pricing
- Portfolio Management
- Min, J., & Johnson, D. L. (working paper). The Role of Customer Relationship Marketing in Individual Finance Decision Making: The Effect of Mental Accounting.
- Johnson, D. L., Knewtson, H. S., & Tuoriniemi, J. C. (accepted). Student Managed Investment Programs: Maximizing Learning Opportunities by Increasing Student Control. Advances in Financial Education.
- Johnson, D. L., Song, L., & Tarazi, A. (2019). Accounting regulations, enforcement,
and stock price crash risk:Global evidence in the banking industry. Journal of Contemporary Accounting & Economics, 15(3), 17.
- Johnson, D. L., & Qi, H. (2015). Explaining Bond Spreads via Default Risk, Taxes and Rating Transition. 27(1).
- Min, J., Segal, M. N., & Johnson, D. L. (2014, March). The Effect of Bank Marketing Strategy on the Students' Saving Decisions. MBAA.
- Min, J., & Johnson, D. L. (2014, March). INDIVIDUAL SAVINGS DECISIONS UNDER MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL ACCOUNTING RULES. National Business And Economics Society.
- Johnson, D. L., Sundaram, S., Yoder, T. (2013). "Overreaction to the CALPERS Focus List?" , Journal of Applied Business and Economics.
- Johnson, D. L., Qi, H. "Explaining Bond Spreads via Default Risk, Taxes and Rating Transition" , Financial Decisions.
- Qi, H., Liu, S., Johnson, D. L. (2012). "A Model for Risky Cash Flows and Tax Shields" (vol. 36, pp. 868-881) , Journal of Economics and Finance.
- Johnson, D. L., Joyce, B. P. (2012). Johnson, D. L., "Bubbles and Crashes Revisited" ( pp. 26-42) , Review of Economics and Finance.
- Pickens, J. B., Johnson, D. L., Orr, B. D., Reed, D. D., Webster, C. E., Schmierer, J. M. (2009) "Expected rates of value growth for individual sugar maple crop trees in the great lakes region: A reply to John E. Wagner’s comment," Northern Journal of Applied Forestry (vol. 26, # 4, pp. 145-147) . Bethesda, MD:.
- Johnson, D. L., Qi, H. (2008). "WACC Misunderstandings," (1st ed., vol. 6, pp. 32-40). Journal of the Academy of Finance.
- Johnson, D. L., Qi, H. (2008). Krueger, T. M. (Ed.), WACC Misunderstandings Chicago: 2008 Academy of Finance Conference Proceedings.
- Johnson, D. L., Qi, H. Is a Project's Initial Investment Risk Free? A Decision Tree Paradox Las Vegas, Neveda: International Conference of the Global Business Development Institute.