After completing your first semester at Michigan Tech, you are automatically part of a community of over 83,000 alumni and friends living in more than 110 countries. Take advantage of the vast network and resources the Office of Alumni Engagement has to offer during your journey from student to alumni.
On-Campus Support and Activities
The Office of Alumni Engagement is here to help you celebrate traditions and make connections. From Welcome Week to finals, we are here to support you and help you make the most of your Michigan Tech experience at on-campus events like Cardboard Boat Races, Winter Carnival, and Homecoming.
Alumni Engagement in Student Traditions
- First day of class photo booth and treats
- Free towels at Homecoming Cardboard Boat Races
- Service projects during Make a Difference Day
- Free chili during Winter Carnival All-Nighter
- Alumni-Student Broomball Tournament sponsor
- Free professional headshots at Career Fair
- Sponsor the Outstanding Future Alumni Award prize
- Finals Week Cram Jam Snack Study Break in the Library
- Alumni welcome reception and gift during Commencement Rehearsal
More events may be added, so check back for updates and calendar links!
Michigan Tech Alumni LinkedIn Group
Join over 11,000 alumni and students in the Michigan Tech Alumni LinkedIn group. This group provides an accessible, secure forum based on the field of interest to:
- View job opportunities
- Gain access to professional role models
- Discover secrets to professional growth
New Student Send-Off Volunteers
Would you like to give incoming students a warm welcome to the Michigan Tech family? Join alumni and other current students by co-hosting a New Student Send-Off in your hometown. Incoming students can make connections, learn what to expect, and ask any last minute questions. Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 906-487-2400.