The Center for Student Mental Health and Well-being has long provided outreach to the Michigan Tech campus community. This includes providing presentations, workshops, or a counselor presence at events on campus. Our outreach is geared toward both prevention and intervention to fit the needs of whatever requests we receive.
If you are interested in having a presentation or a workshop by a member of our team or a counselor at your event, please fill out the request form located below. Due to other counseling responsibilities and scheduling constraints we ask that you submit your request well in advance of your intended meeting/event to ensure that we can meet the request. Our office requires a 14 day minimum advance notice for events and presentations. In the event that you require our assistance on short notice, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to inquire about availability of services.
Presentations Offered, Workshop, or Event Topics
- How to Help a Friend
- General Well-being
- Sexual Health
- Stress Less
- Mental Health
- Mental Illness
- Bystander Intervention
- Depression Screening- September 28, 10 AM - 2 PM, Library Room 243
- Depression Support Workshops
- Series #1: Tuesdays 10-11 AM (10/3, 10/10, 10/17), Admin Building Room 313
- Series #2: Mondays 3 - 4 PM (10/2, 10/9, 10/16), Admin Building Room 313
- If you're interested in seeing what other events we have planned, please check our website or follow us on social media. We're on Instagram (@mtu_wellbeing) and Facebook (@Michigan Tech Well-being).
Support and Therapy Groups
- Stress & Anxiety Management
- Skills Building Class
- On Demand Groups
Groups We Present To
- Academic classes
- Department faculty and staff
- Residence halls
- Student organizations
- Off-campus groups
- University and student government
If you do not see your topic of interest or group listed above, please fill out the request form and give us an idea of what you are looking for! We will do out best to collaborate with you in order to produce an effective and compelling outreach experience.