The Well-being Advocates at Michigan Tech work to elevate conversations about well-being and general health amongst the general MTU student body. The organization promotes this commitment by hosting various events like their monthly Health Hut or Featured Reads cart in the MTU library. These events address topics such as proper stress management, sleep hygiene, physical activity, and mental health. The Center for Student Mental Health and Well-being enthusiastically supports the students and educational programming that the Well-being Advocates promote.
Students are encouraged to consider joining the Well-being Advocates club! Students will especially enjoy the club if they:
- Are passionate about well-being, health, and mental health topics.
- Are interested in elevating the health and well-being of a community.
- Are looking for opportunities to be indirectly involved with the Center for Student Mental Health and Well-being to work on prevention initiatives.
- Want to promote health and well-being with a lesser time commitment.
Bi-weekly meetings are held on Wednesdays from 7-8 pm via zoom.
- Spring 2023 Dates: 03/15, 03/29, 04/12
Note that meeting times will change to accommodate student course schedules each semester. If the current time does not work for you please check back in at a later date.
Current E-board Co-Presidents
If you would like to get in touch with the Well-being advocates please contact the president's and other E-board members directly.
- Jillian Cyrus (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mariah Willmer (email@example.com)