Emotional Support Animal Policy

The Center for Student Mental Health and Well-being (CSMHWB) has a policy of not providing students who are seeking documentation for emotional support animals. No exceptions are made. If a student is seeking documentation for this purpose we refer them to their primary care physician or to an outside mental health provider to provide the necessary documentation needed. Counselors at the Center for Student Mental Health and Well-being or through My SSP are able to provide support through a variety of options to address mental health concerns that contribute to the need for an emotional support animal. If additional support or guidance on seeking accommodations or documentation for an emotional support animal is needed, please contact Student Disability Services. If you need assistance in connecting with a community provider, please contact the CSMHWB via telephone or email for more information.