Collaboration with Local Organizations
Editorial Work by Social Sciences Faculty
Work with National and International Organizations
- American Society for Environmental History (ASEH): Nancy Langston, executive committee 2002-2016; president 2007-2009
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME): Terry Reynolds (emeritus), vice-chair of History & Heritage Committee
- Association for the Anthropology of Policy (ASAP): Carol Maclennan, Co-President-elect 2017; Co-President 2019-22
- Association of Critical Heritage Studies (ACHS): Melissa Baird, Executive Committee (Secretariat Officer), 2017-19.
- International Association for Landscape Ecology (US IALE): Audrey Mayer, Councilor-At-Large for US chapter, 2012-2014; Program co-chair
for 2018 annual conference in Chicago, IL
- International Association for Society and Natural Resources (IASNR): Kathleen Halvorsen, executive director 2018-2020; Kathy Halverson and Richelle
Winkler, coordinators for the ISSRM 2016 conference at Michigan Tech
- International Medieval Congress (IMC), Leeds, UK: Steven A. Walton, conference strand coordinator (science, technology
medicine and military)
- Mining History Association (MHA): Terry Reynolds (emeritus), member of Governing Council
- Rural Sociological Society (RSA): Chelsea Schelly, council, chair of the awards and endowment committee, and
ethics committee; Richelle Winkler, ###; Angie Carter, Publications and Communications
- Social Science History Association (SSHA): Don Lafreniere, program chair
- Society for Conservation Biology (SCB): Kathleen Halvorsen, council member of Social Science Working Group (SCB SSWG)
- Society for Historical Archaeology (SHA): Timothy Scarlett, board member.
- Society for Industrial Archeology (SIA): Steven A. Walton, board member, Executive Secretary 2017-2021; Patrick Martin
(emeritus), past president, executive secretary, and journal editor; Frederic Quivik (ret.), past president and journal editor.
- Society for the History of Technology (SHOT): Bruce Seely, past president; Terry Reynolds (emeritus), past president; Hugh S. Gorman, past treasurer; Steven A. Walton, Fergusson Prize
- The International Committee for the Conservation of the Industrial Heritage (TICCIH): Patrick Martin (emeritus), president, 2009-2018.
- Vernacular Architecture Forum (VAF): Sarah Scarlett, board member and chair of the education committee; Kim Hoagland
(ermeria), past president.
- Western Social Science Association: Chelsea Schelly, Environmental Policy and Natural Resource Management section coordinator.