During this time of uncertainty, Michigan Tech is committed to supporting Finlandia students.
While choosing a new institution may be a daunting task, Michigan Tech's faculty and staff are dedicated to helping you achieve your academic goals. We will work with you to ensure a smooth transition to our institution.
Nursing Program Information
Finlandia and Michigan Tech have agreed to enter into exclusive discussions with the intention for Michigan Tech to continue the tradition of a baccalaureate nursing program in our local community.
There has been a baccalaureate nursing program in the Houghton-Hancock area for many decades, and graduates of those programs have regularly staffed our local hospitals and medical providers. Both Finlandia and Michigan Tech have a deep regard for these committed members of the local healthcare workforce and appreciate the value they bring to our community.
Finlandia and Michigan Tech are working to collaboratively engage with the Finlandia nursing program accrediting agency, the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, and the Higher Learning Commission to determine the feasibility of program accreditation.
Teach-Out and Transfer Information and Resources
Students from Finlandia have two options when considering continuing your education at Michigan Tech:
- Transfer (59 or fewer credits)
- Apply as a transfer student
- Tech's regular transfer admission process will take place but will be expedited for your benefit
- Financial aid will be available and each student will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Teach-Out (60 or more credits for Bachelor's students, and 30 or more for Associates)
- Contact Katarina (Kat) Hanson: Finlandia Student Transfer/Teach-Out Coordinator, 906-487-1692,firstname.lastname@example.org on next steps.
- The programs below are eligible for teach-out through Michigan Tech
|BBA, Healthcare Management||Possible path: BS, Management|
|BSN, Nursing||In discussion|
|AAS, Physical Therapy Assistant||X (AA, Humanities)|
|BSN, RN-BSN (Online)|
|BA, Art Therapy||Possible path: BS, Psychology + Art Minor|
|BA/BS, Biology||X (BS, Biology)|
|BA, Criminal Justice||Possible path: BS, Social Sciences: Policy, Law, Society|
|AAS, Criminal Justice||X (AA, Humanities)|
|BA, English||X (BA, English)|
|AGS, General Studies||X (AA, Humanities)|
|BA, History||X (BA, History)|
|BA, Liberal Studies||X (BA, Liberal Arts)|
|BA/BS, Psychology||X (BS, Psychology)|
|BA, Sociology||X (BS, Social Sciences)|
|BFA, Graphic Design||Possible path: BA, Communication, Culture, and Media + Art Minor|
|BBA, Accounting||X (BS, Accounting)|
|BBA, International Business||X (BS + Global Business minor)|
|BBA, Management & Entrepreneurship||X (BS, Management: Entrepreneurship)|
|BBA, Marketing||X (BS, Marketing)|
|BBA, Sports Management||X (BS, Management or BS, Sports and Fitness Management)|
Prospective First-Year, First-Time College Students
If your intentions were to start your higher education journey with Finlandia, but you are now considering Michigan Tech, we are excited to discuss this opportunity with you.
- Applying to Tech as a first-year, first-time college student is simple and free.
- As soon as your application is complete, we will process your application as expeditiously as possible for your benefit.
- Contact Katarina (Kat) Hanson: Finlandia Student Transfer/Teach-Out Coordinator, 906-487-1692, email@example.com with any questions you have.
- Plan a visit. It is the best way to understand if Michigan Tech is the right future home for you.