Senate Proposal: No
Responsible University Officer: Vice President for Administration
Responsible Office: Human Resources
Established to provide an incentive for and means of rewarding exemplary performance of faculty and staff. The bonus policy supports the University's Strategic Plan, Goal 1: 1.1, which states the University will "provide competitive compensation, recognize and reward successful faculty and staff."
The employee's primary department does the following:
- Complete the following on a Bonus Request Form, available from Human Resources, Forms
and Information, Forms for Staff (Non-union) web site http://www.mtu.edu/hr/forms/ or by calling 7-2281:
- Enter the Employee Name and M Number
- Enter the Employee's Primary Department and Org number and Date of Request.
- Enter the Contact Person's Name and Phone Number.
- Enter the Index(es))/Account Code(s) and Effective Date.
- Enter the Bonus Amount.
- Select the "Exemplary Performance" bonus type.
- Enter a brief justification of the reason for the bonus in the Comments/Justification
- NOTE: A more detailed written justification must be attached.
- Obtain approval from the department chair/director or higher in supervisory chain
of command, and a countersignature, if required.
- NOTE: When an employee's time and payroll dollars are to be charged to an index under the control of a department other than the one initiating the request, the department head of the second department must also approve this request.
- Obtain approval from the next in line of the supervisory chain of command (form requires two signatures).
- Forward the Bonus Request Form to Human Resources for approval and processing.
Forms and Instructions
In support of this policy, the following forms/instructions are included:
|04/10/2017||Transfer of policy page from HTML to CMS. Business and Finance numbers renamed from "2.6000" to "6. Human Resources". Specifically from "2.6007.1—Exemplary Performance Bonus Request" to "6.07.1—Exemplary Performance Bonus Request".|