You must have health insurance that covers you the entire time you are at Michigan Tech. If you have insurance, bring proof of coverage and a copy of your insurance policy with you.
Student Health Insurance
- You must pay for your insurance before you pay tuition.
Student Health Insurance Requirements
- If you have questions, please contact Student Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 906-487-1088. They will help guide you through the process.
- You can make health insurance payments by signing in to your MyMichiganTech account. The menu listing for insurance takes you directly to payment options.
Watch Understanding Your Health Insurance Costs video
Understanding Your Health Insurance Costs
Get Immunization Protection
Vaccinations before you arrive
- Michigan Tech highly recommends that students have the following vaccinations before arriving to campus:
- For more information on immunizations, see the below.
Student Health 101: E-Magazine
- Michigan Tech partners with Student Health 101 to help you live healthy and be well.
Hospitals & Clinics
On-Campus : Portage University Center
- Student health services are located on campus at the Student Development Complex (SDC) in the UP Health System-Portage University Center.
- Michigan Tech student walk-in hours:
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- 600 MacInnes Drive, Houghton, MI 49931
- An immediate non-emergency care option:
UP Health System-Portage Express Care
$55 (Flat Fee): Many common ailments can be treated
9 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on holidays
921 W Sharon Avenue, Houghton, MI 49931