The Parade of Nations Committee is comprised of members of the Houghton and Hancock city communities, and Michigan Tech and Finlandia universities. Members are responsible for selecting the theme; organizing the parade and multicultural festival; fundraising; screening and approving float, booth and performance applications and grant requests; and disbursing funds to qualifying organizations.
If you would like to find out how to become a committee member, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Machel Borsum — PON Committee Chair
- Allison Neely — Multicultural Festival Coordinator
- Cindy Barrett — Graphics Coordinator
- Cindy Lysne — Co-Chair & Parade Coordinator
- Danielle Meirow — Parade Lineup Manager
- Divya Pandya — Michigan Tech Student Representative
- Donna Cole — Community Member
- Jamie Sertich — Fundraising Chair
- Jenn Donovan — Publicity Coordinator
- Kathleen Draves — Multicultural Festival Coordinator
- Leanne Godfrey — Budget and Fundraising Subcommittee
- Nick Kwiek — Co-chair, Finlandia University
- Ranit Karmakar — Michigan Tech Student Representative
- Sagnik Maity — Web Content Editor
The Parade of Nations and Multicultural Fest relies on spirited cooperation between area campuses and the community. There are many ways to volunteer, actively supporting the mission to promote international understanding, build cultural awareness, and celebrate the diversity inherent in our healthy, strong, and inclusive environment. Your participation on any level is meaningful. Attend events. Entertain or applaud. Help set up or clean up. Or choose to become a sponsor and multiply your impact on one of Keweenaw’s premiere events.