The Parade of Nations committee is comprised of members of the community, Michigan Tech, and Finlandia universities. Members are responsible for selecting the theme; organizing the parade and multicultural festival; fundraising; screening and approving float, booth and performance applications and grant requests; and disbursing funds to qualifying organizations.
If you would like to find out how to become a committee member, please contact Machel Borsum email@example.com.
Parade of Nations Committee
- Machel Borsum—Committee Chair
- Laura Givens—Co-Chair, Multicultural Festival Coordinator, and Budget
- Cindy Lynse—Co-Chair & Parade Coordinator
- Anastazia Hartman—Finlandia University Social Media Coordinator
- Jenn Donovan—Publicity Coordinator
- Deb Mann—Entertainment Coordinator
- Nathan Axdorff—Festival Booths Coordinator
- Will Schuett— Social Media & Entertainment Coordinator
- Tom Pintar—Volunteer Coordinator
- Janey Pindral—Children's Booth Coordinator
- Jill Null—Michigan Tech Dining Services
- Donna Berryman—Facilities
- Cindy Barrett—Graphics
- Donna Cole—Community Member
- Leslie Mundell—Houghton Community Broadcasting Corp.
- —Fundraising Coordinator
The Parade of Nations and Multicultural Fest relies on spirited cooperation between area campuses and the community. There are many ways to volunteer, actively supporting the mission to promote international understanding, build cultural awareness, and celebrate the diversity inherent in our healthy, strong, and inclusive environment. Your participation on any level is meaningful. Attend events or host a booth. Entertain or applaud. Help set up or clean up. Or choose to become a major sponsor and multiply your impact on one of Keweenaw’s premiere events.