Connect and Collaborate
The Parade of Nations committee is comprised of members of the community, Michigan Tech, and Finlandia universities. Members are responsible for selecting the theme; organizing the parade and multicultural festival; fundraising; screening and approving float, booth and performance applications and grant requests; and disbursing funds to qualifying organizations.
If you would like to find out how to become a committee member, please complete the "Volunteer with us" interest form above (yellow button) or contact our Committee Chair, Vienna Chapin firstname.lastname@example.org or call IPS at 906-487-2160.
Parade of Nations Committee
- Vienna Chapin, Co-Chair—Michigan Tech University International Programs and Services
- Briana Tucker, Co-Chair—Michigan Tech University Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Scott Austin— Michigan Tech University
- Donna Berryman—Superior Equipment and Events
- Cindy Barrett—Homestead Graphics and Design
- Machel Borsum— Michigan Tech University
- Alyson DeLandsheer—Finlandia University
- Jenn Donovan—Community Member
- Laura Givens— Michigan Tech University
- Anna Koerber—Michigan Tech University Student Volunteer
- Deb Mann, Entertainment Coordinator—Community member
- Mary Muncil Jennings, Headline Act Coordinator—Michigan Tech University Rozsa Center
- Quan Ngo—Michigan Tech University
- Shana Ojala—Eagle Radio
- Cyndi Perkins, Publicity Coordinator—Michigan Tech University Marketing and Communications
- Bob Wenc, Fundraising Coordinator—Michigan Tech University International Programs and Services
- Maryann Wilcox—Michigan Tech University Student Activities
- Beth Williams, Booths Coordinator—Michigan Tech University Career Services
The Parade of Nations and Multicultural Fest relies on spirited cooperation between area campuses and the community. There are many ways to volunteer, actively supporting the mission to promote international understanding, build cultural awareness, and celebrate the diversity inherent in our healthy, strong, and inclusive environment. Your participation on any level is meaningful. Attend events or host a booth. Entertain or applaud. Score a T-shirt for your monetary donation. Help set up or clean up. Or choose to become a major sponsor and multiply your impact on one of Keweenaw’s premiere events.