Connect and Collaborate
The Parade of Nations committee is comprised of members of the community, Michigan Tech, and Finlandia universities. Members are responsible for selecting the theme; organizing the parade and multicultural festival; fundraising; screening and approving float, booth and performance applications and grant requests; and disbursing funds to qualifying organizations.
If you would like to find out how to become a committee member, please complete the "Volunteer with us" interest form above, or contact Vienna Chapin firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parade of Nations Committee
- Scott Austin— Facilities
- Donna Berryman—Facilities
- Cindy Barrett—Graphics
- Machel Borsum— Committee Oversight
- Donna Cole—Community Member
- Vienna Chapin—Festival Coordinator
- Jenn Donovan—Community Member
- Laura Givens— Budget
- Anna Koerber—Student Volunteer
- Deb Mann—Entertainment Coordinator
- Mary Muncil Jennings—Headline Act Coordinator
- Quan Ngo—Student Volunteer
- Shana Ojala—Community Member
- Cyndi Perkins—Publicity Coordinator
- Tom Pintar—Community Member
- Briana Tucker—Parade Coordinator
- Bob Wenc—Fundraising Coordinator
- Maryann Wilcox—School Art Project Coordinator
- Beth Williams—Booths Coordinator
The Parade of Nations and Multicultural Fest relies on spirited cooperation between area campuses and the community. There are many ways to volunteer, actively supporting the mission to promote international understanding, build cultural awareness, and celebrate the diversity inherent in our healthy, strong, and inclusive environment. Your participation on any level is meaningful. Attend events or host a booth. Entertain or applaud. Score a T-shirt for your monetary donation. Help set up or clean up. Or choose to become a major sponsor and multiply your impact on one of Keweenaw’s premiere events.