The Parade of Nations committee is comprised of members of the community, Michigan Tech, and Finlandia universities. Members are responsible for selecting the theme; organizing the parade and multicultural festival; fundraising; screening and approving float, booth and performance applications and grant requests; and disbursing funds to qualifying organizations.
If you would like to find out how to become a committee member, please contact Machel Borsum firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parade of Nations Committee
- Scott Austin— Facilities
- Donna Berryman—Facilities
- Cindy Barrett—Graphics
- Machel Borsum— Committee Oversight
- Donna Cole—Community Member
- Jenn Donovan—Community Member
- Laura Givens— Budget
- Briana Gorman—Finlandia University
- George Hommowun—Headline Act Assistant
- Cindy Lynse—Parade Coordinator
- Deb Mann—Entertainment Coordinator
- Mary Muncil Jennings—Headline Act Coordinator
- Leslie Mundell—Houghton Community Broadcasting Corp.
- Quan Ngo—Student Volunteer
- Jill Null—Michigan Tech Dining Services
- Shana Routsala—Eagle Radio
- Cyndi Perkins—Publicity Coordinator
- Tom Pintar—Volunteer Coordinator
- Briana Tucker—Michigan Tech Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bob Wenc—Fundraising Coordinator
- Beth Williams—Festival Booths Coordinator
The Parade of Nations and Multicultural Fest relies on spirited cooperation between area campuses and the community. There are many ways to volunteer, actively supporting the mission to promote international understanding, build cultural awareness, and celebrate the diversity inherent in our healthy, strong, and inclusive environment. Your participation on any level is meaningful. Attend events or host a booth. Entertain or applaud. Help set up or clean up. Or choose to become a major sponsor and multiply your impact on one of Keweenaw’s premiere events.