Due to a transition period in Payroll Services, Off-Cycle weeks will be used only for reallocations and leave adjustments. Missed pays or corrections to pays will be processed during the next available Pay Cycle week.

Tax forms MUST be sent to Payroll Services via campus mail or hand delivered to the Lakeshore Center as email is not secure.

Payroll Services and Human Resources appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

Payroll Services

Payroll Services oversees all University payroll and time reporting for faculty, staff, and student employees.  Our goal is to provide timely and accurate payroll services in accordance with all applicable laws and policies.  Read more about our services below.

Bi-Weekly Payroll Process

Departments are responsible for maintaining effective systems of monitoring to ensure the accuracy of payroll.  Please read and follow the Payroll Service Standard Practice Guide. Time is reported through various methods based on department.  Methods include: paper time sheets, web time entry, or department time entry, or TimeClock Plus

Federal & State Tax Withholding

Payroll Services processes income tax that is withheld from employee wages and pays it to state and federal governments.  We will review employees who live and work outside of Michigan as in most situations withholding is for the state where the employee works.

W-4 Form

Michigan W-4 Form

Nonresident Aliens: Special W-4 Instructions

Electronic Regulatory Disclosure Statement – Forms W-2 and 1095-C

Electronic Consent Instructions for Regulatory Forms W2 and 1095-C

Payroll Reports

The Payroll Reports Handbook has step-by-step instructions on how to run payroll labor reports.  Gross earning reports are available with various sort options.  For more information on reports available to you, contact the Human Resources Information Services staff at 906-487-2280.

Direct Deposit

Employees are encouraged to set up payroll and non-payroll direct deposit to their financial institution. For instruction on how to set these up, please visit the Direct Deposit page.

Payroll Services also processes payroll deductions, labor reallocations, and W-2 forms. 

Please contact us at 906-487-2280 or for any questions related to our services. Forms related to our services are available on the HR Forms website under "Payroll Services Forms."