Find Your Unique Path
Pursue your own unique career pathway in engineering, or enter an emerging field. The Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSE) program allows you to turn your innovative ideas into a reality with an engineering degree customized to fit your interests.
The BSE curriculum includes courses fundamental to all engineering disciplines and offers a multitude of elective courses for flexibility. Customize up to 40 percent of your degree path to reflect your own interests, selecting any area of study to blend with an engineering focus. Or you have the option to follow a defined pathway:
Customize Your Degree with the Student Defined Path
Design roller coasters, use nanoparticles to treat cancer, or design underwater habitats for humans. At Michigan Tech, you can create your own path by customizing your engineering degree. Curriculum will be developed to meet your focus by combining faculty expertise from across campus to prepare you for a career in your chosen field or continuing education.
Systems engineers apply low-fidelity modeling to understand, design, and manage complex systems over their life cycles. As management leaders, systems engineers utilize systems thinking and interdisciplinary skills from across all areas of engineering and management. At Michigan Tech, you will complete courses in the systems engineering core, as well as in a diverse range of engineering, science, and business topics. Threaded through the entire program is an emphasis on a systems dynamics approach to understanding complex, multi-disciplinary systems, and systems of systems.
The goal of the Systems Engineering Program is to develop graduates who can cross disciplinary boundaries, learn new topics quickly, and manage complex, engineered networks that are embedded in social and natural systems. If you have an interest in both engineering and business, Systems Engineering may be for you
The BSE program at Michigan Tech offers unparalleled opportunities in undergraduate education:
- A personalized engineering degree with the option of adding a minor and/or a certificate
- A solid education in basic engineering principles
- The ability to customize your engineering degree
- New and innovative course work
- Hands-on learning experiences, such as Senior Design and Enterprise
- Co-op and internship opportunities
- Access to state-of-the-art lab facilities
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Faculty and staff dedicated to your success
- International opportunities through programs such as Study Abroad and D80