- Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Computing
- Affiliated Faculty, Computational Science & Engineering
- Ph.D., Mechatronics Engineering, DeMontfort University, UK, 2006
- MSc., Mechatronics Engineering, DeMontfort University, UK, 2003
- BSc., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Philadelphia University, Jordan, 2000
Dr. Ashraf received his Ph.D. and MSc. degrees in mechatronics engineering from DeMontfort University, UK, in 2006 and 2003, respectively, and his BSc. in electrical and computer engineering from Philadelphia University, Jordan, in 2000.
His research interests are unified under the theme, "deployment of robotics systems and artificial intelligence in the field of remote sensing", and his research focuses on solving real-life problems such as monitoring environmental pollution. He is also interested in developing real-time smart controllers for different engineering systems which include electromechanical, electro-pneumatic, and piezoelectric based systems.
- Mechatronics system design and integration
- Modeling and simulation of complex systems
- Sensors and actuators
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Control system design
- Instrumentation and measurements
Links of Interest
Robotics system design and Integration
UAV-based Remote Sensing
Artificial Intelligence Applications in Remote Sensing
Computer Vision and AI
Real-time Control of Mechatronics Systems.
- Control of Pneumatic Systems