Jon Herlevich, Jr.
- Instructor, Chemical Engineering
- AAS, Project Management, George Washington University
- MS, Chemical Engineering, Michigan Technological University
- BS, Chemical Engineering, Michigan Technological University
Jon is an instructor of chemical engineering at Michigan Technological University. His primary interest is in sharing practical experiences with students of process analysis, design and safety.
Jon brings over 24 years combined experience from downstream petroleum refining and midstream natural gas processing. During his career Jon experienced increasing responsibilities in operations leadership, major capital projects, and technical service roles. He completed the Executive Leadership Program at the Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina. His experience spans four petroleum refineries and a large scale biodiesel production facility. Most recently he improved process safety at several natural gas processing facilities by implementing Operational Excellence measures.
As a native of the Copper Country, Jon is truly enjoying the opportunity to return to family. He is married with three children, and also enjoys fishing and faith oriented volunteering.
- Process Analysis and Design
- Process analysis and design
- Process safety
- Operational excellence
- Leadership and communications