The Four-Year Scholarship
This scholarship is intended for high school students who plan to attend a four-year college program. Scholarships are based on a student’s merit and grades—not financial need. It will allow you to have a civilian and military experience unlike any other, allowing you to concentrate on your education and not how you are going to pay for it.
- Monthly living allowance
- Full tuition coverage
- Allowances for books and fees
- Be a US citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.50
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Score a minimum of 920 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores)
- Meet physical standards
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the army on active duty or in a reserve component (army reserve or army national guard)
- An eight-year service commitment with the Army
- Serve full time in the Army for four years and four years with the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR). IRR is a list in which during a national emergency the President can call on the IRR to return to active duty.
- Selected cadets may choose to serve part time in the Army Reserve or Army National Guard while pursuing a civilian career