About the Program
If your life is being negatively impacted by social anxiety, AI-Therapy: Overcome Social Anxiety may be the program for you. Overcome Social Anxiety is a comprehensive and fully automated online treatment program that is built upon years of research and clinical experience. It provides customized guided lessons, over seven sections, based on the symptoms you reported at the start of the program that effectively targets your anxiety. The system also includes exercises designed to target key aspects of your anxiety profile and delivers automated feedback in both written and audio formats.
Overcome Social Anxiety is self-guided, which means it requires a commitment to the program. You will need to set aside time either on a weekly or biweekly basis, depending on your schedule, to work on your program. This program is used on its own in place of traditional counseling, which allows for consistency and flexibility based on your schedule. Check out How it Works. to learn more.
What is Social Anxiety?
Everyone can experience a little discomfort in new social situations, which can be a healthy and adaptive response to something unknown; however, is important to recognize when it no longer is adaptive and interferes with your ability to build or maintain relationships or creates distress. Symptoms of social anxiety, according to the Mayo Clinic, include:
- Persistent, intense fear or anxiety about specific social situations, because you believe you may be judged negatively, embarrassed, or humiliated
- Avoidance of anxiety-producing social situations or enduring them with intense fear or anxiety
- Excessive anxiety that's out of proportion to the situation
- Anxiety or distress that interferes with your daily living
- Fear or anxiety that is not better explained by a medical condition, medication, or substance abuse