A college degree is an investment in your future. Every effort is made to maintain high academic standards at the lowest possible cost to you, the student. Educational expenses will vary according to your personal needs, degree program, and course choices.
Graduate Student Costs
Are you seeking an online graduate certificate, MS, or PhD? Use our Graduate School's cost of education calculator to estimate expenses based on your specific online degree or certificate program.
2021–22 Estimated Graduate Expenses
|Lab and Course Fees (estimated)||$68||$68||$0||$136|
|Books and Supplies (estimated)||$300||$300||$100||$700|
|Loan Origination Feed||$85||$85||$0||$170|
|Room and Boarde||$4,996||$4,996||$4,996||$14,988|
|Personal Needs and Travel (estimated, includes health insurance)||$1,424||$1,424||$1,424||$4,272|
- Tuition total ($1,131 per credit) is based on 9 credits per semester.
- Students who are candidates are assessed tuition at $373 per credit hour for nine research credits. These students may register for courses in addition to research credits. Tuition for courses is assessed at the full, regular rate.
- Any courses taken online incur an additional fee of $38 per credit hour.
Required fees per semester, for on-campus students, include:
- Fall Activity Fee—$50.00
- Spring Activity Fee—$50.00
- Summer Activity Fee—$10.00
- Experience Tech Fee—$78.00 per semester (not assessed in Summer)
- The loan origination fees estimated above are only charged to those students receiving federal loans.
- Room and Board estimates assume students live in Michigan Tech Apartments (two-bedroom/double occupancy) using the Gold Meal Plan. Costs may vary depending on your situation.
* A student who is enrolled for one credit during the summer semester is considered full time.
Note: International students will be assessed a $250 per semester surcharge (excluding summer semester). Newly admitted international students who are enrolling at Michigan Tech for the first time will be assessed an additional, one-time, $100 international graduate student enrollment surcharge at the start of their first semester of enrollment.
Undergraduate Student Costs
Are you an undergraduate student? Differential tuition rates apply to degree-seeking students attending Michigan Tech. Non-degree seeking and dual enrollment students will be billed at the appropriate rate for their credit load.
Refer to our Undergraduate Admissions cost of attendance information to estimate expenses for your online courses.
Refer to the schedule of classes for exact lab/course fees. Any course that is taken online also incurs a $38 per-credit fee.