Scott W. Wagner
- EERC 327
- Associate Professor, Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Technology
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics, Michigan Technological University, 2013
- MS, Manufacturing Operations, Kettering University, 2004
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Michigan Technological University, 1995
Scott Wagner is an associate professor in the Department of Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering Technology at Michigan Tech. His areas of expertise are facility maintenance, focusing on plant engineering and manufacturing systems analysis, and metal forming, with an emphasis on micro tube hydroforming.
Wagner is active in several of the University's safety teams, including the Presidential Committee for University Safety Advisory Council. In the greater community, he volunteers his time as a volunteer firefighter and is a member of the Michigan State Firemen's Association.
Wagner's professional activities include membership in the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, the American Foundry Society, and the Society of Manufacturing Engineers. He presented the papers listed in "Selected Recent Publications" at the following conferences: Experimental Analysis of Micro Tube Hydroforming Process—given at the North American Manufacturing Research Conference held at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario in 2010; and Strain Analysis on Micro-Deep Drawing Processes using Lithographic Techniques—given at the Second Annual International Conference on Micro-Manufacturing, held at Clemson University in Greenville, South Carolina, in 2007.
- Metal forming manufacturing
- Micro scale hydroforming operations
- Friction stir processing
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Lean Manufacturing and Production Planning
- Facilities Layout and Safety Design
- Manufacturing Processes
- Ng, K., Wagner, S. W., Camelio, J. A., Emblom, W. J. 2010. Experimental Analysis of Micro Tube Hydroforming Process, Transactions of the North American Manufacturing Research Institution of SME, Volume 38, Pages 577–584.
- Wagner, S. W., Camelio, J. A. 2007. Strain Analysis on Micro Deep Drawing Processes using Lithographic Techniques, Proceedings of the 2nd Annual International Conference on Micro Manufacturing (ICOMM), Clemson University, Greenville, SC, September 10–13, 2007.
- General Motors Powertrain
- William A. Kibbe and Associates
- Svedala Industries
- Delphi Automotive
Dr. Wagner teaches applied thermodynamics, lean manufacturing and production planning, facilities layout and safety design, and manufacturing processes.