—Max Fischer, Rushmore
- Walker 120E
- Director, Humanities Digital Media Zone
- Principal Lecturer in Digital Media and Cinema, Humanities
- Faculty Advisor, Cin/Optic Communication and Media Enterprise
- PhD, University of Wisconsin, Madison
Dr. Erin Smith is the Director of Humanities Digital Media and teaches film and digital media. She also organizes the annual 41 North Film Festival, which brings independent films and filmmakers to the region each fall, and advises the Cin/Optic Communication and Media Enterprise Team. She edited and co-produced (with director Suzanne Jurva) the documentary Yoopera!, about the production of an original opera based on local mining history, and also edited George Desort's short film Counting Wolves which captures the experiences of the researchers and pilot who live and work together during the winter study on Isle Royale.
- Digital Media Production
- Documentary Production and Theory
- Film Theory and Criticism
- Academic Technology Administration
- British Literature
- 41 North Film Festival Learn More
- "Mentoring Students in Research and Communication Across the Ocean," with Caryn L. Heldt, Hannah Cunningham, and Cameron Miller. PURM: Perspectives on Undergraduate Research and Mentoring, 7(1). 2018.
- Counting Wolves documentary, editor.
- Yoopera! documentary, co-producer (with Suzanne Jurva) and editor Read More