Affirmative Action Invitations to Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
All employees and applicants are invited to voluntarily self-identify their veteran and/or disability status now or at any time in the future. There are voluntary opportunities to self-identify during the application process for applicants, during new hire orientation for newly hired employees, and at any time through Banweb or using the PDF post-hire EEO form on IE's website for current employees.
Affirmative Action Program
Michigan Technological University is committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action. Michigan Tech is a federal contractor and is required to have a written Affirmative Action Program.
- Affirmative Action Program For Women and Minorities
- Affirmative Action Program For Protected Veterans
- Affirmative Action Program For Individuals with Disabilities
Federal and State Resources
- EEOC, "What you should know about COVID-19 and the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and Other EEO Laws"
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
- Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
- US Department of Education (DOE)
- US Department of Labor (DOL)
- Michigan Department of Civil Rights (MDCR)
- NASA MissionSTEM
- Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity in NASA-Assisted Programs and Activities
- USDA Non-Discrimination Statement for "...the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs..."
- A Guide to Restroom Access for Transgender Workers
- Resolution of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission In Mourning for the Deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery