Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center-University Center
Students have immediate access to health care services at Upper Great Lakes Houghton Family Health Center located in the Upper Great Lakes Family Health Center-University Center. The Health Center is attached to the Student Development Complex on campus and can be reached by calling 906-483-1860.
- The health center has Michigan Tech student walk-in hours every weekday (Monday-Friday) from 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Appointments can be made every weekday (Monday-Friday) from 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Sport Injury Walk-in Hours are every Monday from 4 p.m.–5:30 p.m.
- An on-site health care team consisting of a family medicine provider, a health coach, nursing and care management staff collaborate to provide integrated medical and behavioral health services. Lab and x-ray services are available on-site as well.
- Dental services are available via internal referrals to Upper Great Lakes Calumet Family Health Center
- Online Scheduling is available for established patients.
- A sliding fee scale (discounted rate) is available for qualified individuals who are uninsured or under-insured.
- For after hours services please call 906-483-1000 (non-emergency).
- New Patient Paperwork
- For more information, please visit: www.uglhealth.org
UP Health System - Portage Express Care (Houghton)
At UP Health System-Portage Express Care, we provide services for acute illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages. We are conveniently open daily and treat non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries. Express Care is staffed by skilled and friendly health care providers including nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Located at 921 W. Sharon Ave in Houghton, directly across from Burger King
- Open 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. Sunday through Saturday
- Open Holidays 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. (Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day)
- For $55, many common ailments can be treated
- Call 906-483-1777 for more information
- UP Health System-Portage Hospital (Hancock)
UP Health System–Hospital (Hancock)
UP Health System – Portage is located at 500 Campus Drive in Hancock and by calling 906-483-1000.
- Open 24 hours, 365 days per year
- Services include: urology, orthopedics, internal medicine, cancer care, heart and vascular, nutritional counseling, diabetes education, cardiopulmonary, arthroscopy surgery, sleep medicine, dialysis center, geriatrics, rheumatology, wound care, general surgery, emergency medicine
- Labs, x-ray, 3D mammography, ultrasound, CAT scan are available along with open bore MRI
- An online directory of all providers able to help in our area can be found at UP Health System – Portage's website.
- Release of Information (ROI) forms can be completed by students 18 years and older if they wish to have their medical information released to parents, guardians, etc. The ROI expires one year after the patients signs it.
- UP Health System – Portage is part of the UP Health System with locations and services throughout the Upper Peninsula
Comprehensive pharmacy services located on campus at the SDC and by calling 906-483-1818.
- Free home delivery of medications is available to students who live off campus.
- Over-the-counter items can be requested for delivery with prescriptions.
- Most prescriptions can be transferred from out-of-town pharmacies for the convenience of the student.
- UP Health System Apothecary Release Form
UP Health System - Portage Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine
Students have convenient access to Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy services at the UP Health System-Portage Rehab and Sports Medicine clinic located in the UP Health System—Portage University Center.
- The rehab center is attached to the Student Development Complex on campus and can be reached by calling 906-483-1888.
- The clinic is open to students and the public every weekday (Monday-Friday) from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- The clinic is staffed with therapists with multiple certifications and specialties
- UP Health System is the official provider of Sports Medicine for Michigan Technological University Athletics
Aspirus Keweenaw-Houghton Clinic
The Aspirus Houghton Clinic is located at 1000 Cedar St. (behind Wal-Mart) and can be reached by calling 906-487-1710.
- Open 7 a.m.–7 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 7 a.m.–5 p.m. Friday, and 9 a.m.–1p.m. Saturday.
- Full-service clinic offering Family Medicine, Orthopedics, Women's Health, Midwifery, OB, Pediatrics, Pediatric Telepsychiatry, Ophthalmology, Urology, General Surgery, Heart Care, Acupuncture, and Headache Therapy.
- Onsite therapy services including Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy.
- Lab, x-ray, ultrasound, and mammography onsite.
- Full-service pharmacy onsite. Prescription deliveries available to your home, office, or residence hall room.
- Appointments (recommended) are always available, same-day or next-day. Walk-in visits welcome.
- A sliding fee scale (discounted rate) is available for qualified individuals who are uninsured or underinsured.
- Aspirus is a Patient-Centered Medical Home and a Patient-Centered Medical Home-Neighbor.
- An online directory of physicians and hospitals/clinics may be found on the Aspirus Keweenaw website.
- RX Transfer Form
- Authorization for disclosure of protected health information
TRANSPORTATION: Michigan Tech students can take the City of Houghton Downtowner Shuttle to the clinic. Visit the Michigan Tech Transportation Services page for shuttle schedules and information.
Aspirus Keweenaw-Hospital (Calumet)
Aspirus Keweenaw offers full range emergency care 24/7 at the Level III Trauma Center at Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital. The hospital is located at 205 Osceola St in Laurium. The Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital can be reached by calling 906-337-6500. No appointments are needed for emergency services.
Treatments and Services
- Emergency Services
- Onsite Ultrasound, X-ray, CT, MRI
- 3D Mammography
- Onsite Pharmacy
- Stroke Care
- Joint Replacement
- Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab
- Laboratory Services
- Home Health and Hospice
- Inpatient Therapies
An online directory of physicians and hospitals/clinics may be found on the Aspirus Keweenaw website.
Western Upper Peninsula Health Department (Hancock)
The Westerns Upper Peninsula Health Department in Hancock has a variety of offerings and services. More information can be found by visiting their website (Western Upper Peninsula Health Department), or by calling the Hancock office at 906-482-7382.
Treatments and Services
- Environmental Health
- Reproductive Health
- Disease Prevention
- Pregnant Women and Children
- Community Health and Wellness