This fund was established by alumni and friends of the University to assist international students who may face unexpected hardships as a student. These situations can be especially challenging when they are far from home. This fund was established to provide some relief.
What is Considered to Be a Financial Emergency?
- Students affected by COVID-19
- The death of an immediate family member
- An immediate family member is ill and you need to travel home
- An illness that requires immediate medical care and/or medication
- A personal injury or accident
- Victim of a crime
- Other emergency situation (fire, flood, etc.)
Please note: Tuition and Books cannot be covered by this Fund.
What Are the Eligibility Requirements?
- be an international student
- be a registered Michigan Tech undergraduate or graduate student at the time the application is submitted (applicant may be a part-time student)
- be facing an emergency situation (as described above)
- demonstrate financial need
- be committed to using funds as designated
What is the Award Amount?
The award amount is based on a review of your application materials by a committee including the dean of students (or the dean's designee) and a representative from the Financial Aid Office. The amount of financial assistance awarded typically does not exceed $500.00 and can be awarded only once in a calendar year. During the outbreak of COVID-19, other award amounts may be considered on a case by case basis
How Do I Apply?
- Complete the request form.
- Submit supplemental documents (if you have anything that supports your request).