LinkedIn can be an effective and powerful tool in your job search. It's a great way to connect with professionals in your field who might be interested in your talent.
Why it's important...
- Your competition is on LinkedIn. Students are using LinkedIn more and more, and LinkedIn has even created a LinkedIn Student App. You can use the app or the traditional platform, but you should definitely follow the wave.
- 93 percent of recruiters are using LinkedIn to find their future employees and almost 100 percent use it to initially screen applicants.
- You can make personal connections with company representatives, both HR and hiring managers, who have the power to give you a job.
What do I need to do?
- First and foremost, before you begin networking and utilizing LinkedIn in your job search, you should ensure you’re making a great first impression with a compelling and effective profile.
- Once you’ve got a profile you’re proud of, you can start utilizing LinkedIn’s global networking power in your job search.
- For more help with finishing touches and best practices, visit the Career Services Learning Center, attend Career Services Husky Talks, or schedule a one-on-one appointment.