From the Dean
Technology, the driver of our economy, has altered the value proposition of a college education. Ask a Millennial a question and their thumbs instantly engage their smartphone. Pavlov would be proud of the conditioned response of today’s students when faced with the need to learn a new fact or recall a basic concept. For basic knowledge, the internet has become the classroom and the teacher is named Google. Basic knowledge has become a free commodity that can be acquired rapidly.
On the cover: Technology, the driver of our economy, has altered the value proposition of a college education.
Impact is published annually by the School of Business and Economics at Michigan Technological University.
- Interim Dean: Dean Johnson, PhD
- Editor: Jodie Filpus-Paakola
- Creative: Upper Penninsula Marketing Department, Inc.
- Authors: Scott Baylo, Shannon Rinkinen, Kyle Rubin, and Laurel Hoitsma
- Photography: Sarah Bird, Adam Johnson, Chris Guibert, TJ Hamilton, Nathan Shaiyen
Please send correspondence to email@example.com.