- H-STEM 342
- Professor of Practice, Biomedical Engineering
- PhD Electrical Engineering and Applied Physics, Case Western Reserve University, 1990
Orhan Soykan joins the Department of Biomedical Engineering as a professor of practice. Soykan comes to Michigan Tech from YouGene Corporation in Fairfax, Va.
He received a PhD in Electrical Engineering and Applied Physics from Case Western Reserve University and a master’s in electrical engineering from Michigan Tech.
Soykan has 22 issued US patents and 47 published patent applications. He is also a senior member of IEEE and Advancing Science, Serving Society.
Links of Interest
- Implantable Devices
- Power and Telemetry schemes
- Molecular Medicine
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Bioinformatics and Proteomics
- Implantable Devices, Biosensors, Molecular Medicine
Dr. Soykan teaches on topics of biomedical instrumentation, medical imaging, medical devices, and numerical techniques in biomedical engineering.