ACMAL is not responsible for, nor can it guarantee, the safekeeping of your personal items, specimens, or data. When exiting the lab, be sure that all personal items are removed, any specimens are removed or disposed of, and that any desired data are saved on a personal storage device. ACMAL reserves the right to dispose of any items, specimens, or data stored in the lab or on computer drives.
Food and Drink
No food or drink is permitted within the microscopy labs. These labs contain sensitive and expensive equipment which are susceptible to damage from liquids and food particles. Additionally, these labs are intended to be clean environments in order to reduce the possibility of specimen contamination.
Users are expected to return the laboratory to the same or better condition in which it was found. ACMAL provides various specimen preparation tools such as tweezers, scribers, scissors, and so on, in each lab. Before exiting a lab, specimen preparation equipment should be returned to the location in which it was found and waste materials should be disposed of. Additionally, microscope settings should be returned to default settings for the next user. If any specimen preparation tools are missing or a microscope is found in an unusual or unfamiliar setting, contact facility staff for assistance.
- Do not bring food or drink in the microscopy labs.
- Do not store personal items in the facility.
- Users may not store specimens in the facility unless they have permission to do so.
- This facility does not guarantee the preservation of its users’ data.
- Before exiting the lab after use, return any tools to their default location, dispose of waste materials, and return the instrument to default settings.