Adjunct Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics
Adjunct Associate Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
- PhD, Washington State University
Dr. Shahbazian-Yassar's current research is focused on electrical energy storage and in particular Li-ion, Na-ion, and Li-Sulfur batteries. His research group has developed a nanoscale battery testing device that allows the researchers to visualize the battery reactions during charge/discharge in real time and space with unprecedented resolution.
- Nanotechnology for Electrochemical Energy Storage (Batteries and Supercapacitors)
- Nanogenerators and Piezotronic Sciences
- Nanoscale Degradation of Fuel Cell Materials
- Nanoscale Properties of Low Dimensional Materials for Thermoelectrics and Nanoelectronics
- Mechanics of Bio and Nano Materials and Composites
- In-Situ Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Gao, Qi, Meng, Gu, Nie, Anmin, Mashayek, Farzad, Wang, Chongmin, Odegard, Gregory M., Shahbazian Yassar, Reza, 2014, “Direct Evidence of Lithium-Induced Atomic Ordering in Amorphous TiO2 Nanotubes,” Chemistry of Materials, Vol. 26 (4), pp. 1660-1669, DOI: 10.1021/cm403951b.
- Gangulay, Debmalya, Shokuhfar, Tolou, Shahbazian Yassar, Reza, 2014, “Nanotubes for Orthopedic Implants,” Journal of Nanotechnology and Smart Materials, Vol. 1:201, pp. 1-10.
- Brockway, Lance, Vasiraju, Venkata, Asayesh-Ardakani, Hasti, Shahbazian Yassar, Reza, Vaddiraju, Sreeram, 2014, “Thermoelectric Properties of Bulk Zn3P2 Nanowire Assemblies,” Nanotechnology, Vol. 25 (14), Article No. 145401, 8 pages, DOI:10.1088/0957-4484/25/14/145401.
- Asthana, Anjana, Yap, Yoke Khin, Shahbazian Yassar, Reza, 2014, “Field Emission from Zinc Oxide Nanobelts,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Vol. 14, 6 pages, DOI:10.1166/jnn.2014.9517.
- Lilley, Carmen M., Shahbazian-Yassar, Reza, Ng, Poh Keong, 2013, “Cu Silicide Nanowires: Characterization and Application to Li-ion Batteries,” Nanoelectronic Device Applications Handbook, Editors: James E. Morris and Krzysztof Iniewski, CRC Press, pp. 627-640, ISBN: 978-1-4665-6523-4.
- Pakzad, Anahita, Shahbazian-Yassar, Reza, 2013, “Mechanics of Cellulose Nanocrystals and their Polymer Composites,” New Frontiers of Nanoparticles and Nanocomposite Materials: Novel Principles and Techniques, Editors: A. Oechsner and A. Shokuhfar, Springer LLC, pp. 233-263, ISBN: 978-3-642-14696-1, DOI: 10.1007/8611_2010_38.
- Shahbazian-Yassar, Reza, 2013, “Principals of Atomic Force Microscopy,” Encyclopedia of Tribology, Editor: J. Wang and Y.-W. Chung, Springer New York, pp. 129-133, ISBN: 978-0-387-92896-8. DOI: 10.1007/978-0-387-92897-5_1213.
- Koenig, Gary M. Jr., Ma, Jiwei, Key, Baris, Fink, Justin, Low, Ke-Bin, Shahbazian Yassar, Reza, Belharouak, Ilias, 2013, “Composite of LiFePO4 with Titanium Phosphate Phases as Lithium-Ion Battery Electrode Material,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, Vol. 117 (41), pp. 21132–21138, DOI: 10.1021/jp4074174.