Yoke Khin Yap
- Fisher 219
Director, Engineering Physics Ph.D. Program
Affiliated Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
- PhD, Osaka University
Professor Yap is interested in the fundamentals of synthesis, properties, and applications of functional materials, which include B-C-N nanostructures (carbon nanotubes, graphene, boron nitride nanotubes, boron nitride nanosheets, boron carbon-nitride and carbon nitride nanostructures, etc.); ZnO nanostructures; energy harvesting nanostructures; wide band-gap single crystals (AlN, GaN, BN); and quantum dots. He has edited a book and multiple proceedings volumes, and has published a series of book and encyclopedia chapters, as well as peer-reviewed articles.
Links of Interest
- Solid-State Physics
- Nanoscale Science and Engineering (Nanotechnology)
- Controlled synthesis of 0D, 1D, and 2D nanomaterials (Nanotubes, Nanowires, layered Materials, Quantum Dots, etc..).
- Exploration of new functional nanomaterials, heterojunctions, nano-hybrids, and nano-systems.
- Creative use of nanomaterials and nano-systems in advanced electronics, quantum switching, energy harvesting, and chemical and biomedical applications.
- Yoke Khin Yap and Dongyan Zhang "Chemical Vapor Deposition," in Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology, B. Bhushan (ed.) Continuously updated edition, pp 1-7 (Springer 2016, ISBN: 978-94-007-6178-0).
- Yoke Khin Yap and Dongyan Zhang "Physical Vapor Deposition," in Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology, B. Bhushan (ed.) Continuously updated edition, pp 1-8 (Springer 2016, ISBN: 978-94-007-6178-0). Read More
- (Review) S. Bhandari, B. Tiwari, N. Yapici, D. Zhang, Y. K. Yap, "Introduction to Boron Nitride Nanotubes: Synthesis, Properties, Functionalization, and Cutting," Chapter 1 in Boron Nitride Nanotubes in Nanomedicine, Ed G. Ciofani and V. Mattoli (Elsevier, 2016, ISBN: 978-0-323-38945-7) Read More
- A. Balram, S. Santhanagopalan, B. Hao, Y. K. Yap, D. D. Meng, "Electrophoretically-Deposited Metal-Decorated CNT Nanoforests with High Thermal/Electric Conductivity and Wettability Tunable from Hydrophilic to Superhydrophobic," Advanced Functional Materials 26, 2571-2579 (2016). Read More
- (Review) B. Hao, C. H. Lee, J. Wang, A. Asthana, D. Winslow, D. Zhang, and Y. K. Yap, “Controlled Synthesis of Functional Boron Nitride Nanostructures for Applications,” Chapter 20 in Nanotubes and Nanosheets: Functionalization and Applications of Boron Nitride and Other Nanomaterials, (CRC Press) Ed. Ying (Ian) Chen, pp 551-572 (2015). Read More
- Ajay Kumar, Pin Ann Lin, Albert Xue, Boyi Hao, Yoke Khin Yap, R. Mohan Sankaran, "Formation of nanodiamonds at near-ambient conditions via microplasma dissociation of ethanol vapour" Nature Communications 4, Article number:2618 (2013) Read More
- Chee Huei Lee , Shengyong Qin , Madhusudan A. Savaikar , Jiesheng Wang , Boyi Hao , Dongyan Zhang , Douglas Banyai , John A. Jaszczak , Kendal W. Clark , Juan-Carlos Idrobo , An-Ping Li , and Yoke Khin Yap, "Room-Temperature Tunneling Behavior of Boron Nitride Nanotubes Functionalized with Gold Quantum Dots," Advanced Materials 25, 2544 (2013) Read More
- Archana Pandey, Abhishek Prasad, Jason P. Moscatello, Mark Engelhard, Chongmin Wang, Yoke Khin Yap, "Very Stable Electron Field Emission from Strontium Titanate Coated Carbon Nanotube Matrices with Low Emission Thresholds," ACS Nano 7, 117 (2013). Read More