- Professor, Physics and Materials Science and Engineering
- PhD, Physics, City University of New York
Professor Levy's research activities presently center on photonics, with an emphasis on nonreciprocal phenomena, magneto-photonics and nanophotonics.
Links of Interest
- Nonreciprocal Phenomena
- Complete List of Publications (Google Scholar)
- Most Recent Publications:
- Nonreciprocal MO Beam Splitting - Opt Mat Exp(2022)
- Two-dimensional Nanocylinders for Nanophotonics - Nanophotonics (2022)
- Magnetophotonic Metasurfaces - J. Appl. Phys (2022)
- Isolating Ridge Waveguide 780nm - J Lightw Technol (2022)
- Magnetless Isolator - Opt & Laser Technol (2022)
- Thin-Film Magneto-Optic Polarization Rotator, US Patent No. 5,408,565, issued 1995.
- Crystal Ion Slicing of Single-Crystal Films, US Patent No. 6,120,597, issued 2000.
- Slicing of Single-Crystal Films Using Ion Implantation, US Patent Nos. 6,503,321 and 6,540,827 B1, issued 2003.
- Method for Fabricating Ultra-Thin Single-Crystal Metal Oxide Wave Retarder Plates and Waveguide Polarization Mode Converter Using the Same, US Patent No.6,641,662, issued 2003.
- Waveguide Mach-Zehnder Optical Isolator Utilizing Transverse Magneto-Optical Phase Shift, US Patent No. 6,943,932, issued 2005.
- Magneto-Photonic Crystal Isolators, US Patent No. 6,952,300, issued 2005.