F-1 and J-1 students can change majors, or finish a degree at one level and get admitted to a new program at a new level. But you are responsible to report these changes to IPS and maintain an accurate I-20/DS-2019. If you change levels or majors, IPS can process a new I-20/DS-2019 for you. Here is what you need to do:
- Follow all Michigan Tech University academic requirements for change of level or major
- Complete and upload to the Change of Level or Change of Major Google Form:
- Complete Change of Level/Major PDF
- Affidavit of Financial Support (undergraduate students)
- Certification of Finances Form (graduate students)
- If you are changing your major and your I-20 will be expiring before you will complete your coursework, you will also need to upload a program extension PDF to the google form.
- IPS reviews your application for approval and will issue a new I-20.