Copper Country Lean/Continuous Improvement Group
The Copper Country Lean/Continuous Improvement Group is an association of local businesses and organizations who are involved with Lean, quality, and continuous improvement efforts. They meet once a quarter to learn more about continuous improvement, share stories, collaborate, ask questions, and celebrate successes.
The group is based in the Houghton, Michigan area. For more information, or to be put on the group's email list, contact Ruth Archer at 906-487-3180 or email@example.com.
- Provides companies with consultation and training. Karen Martin & Associates has great website resources with free webinars and articles.
- Great blog, resources, networking forums, educational trainings, and conferences.
- University of Michigan offers a range of Lean Certification program offerings in both on-campus short course and online formats.
- Lean HE promotes continuous improvement philosophies in HE through networking, the sharing of best practice and by supporting the delivery of a conference series.
- Liberating structures are simple, innovative ways to get people to interact as they solve problems and create new information.
- Business related social media site, which is a great source for Lean networking. Search for groups dedicated to Lean practice. Some suggestions are Michigan Lean Consortium, UP Continuous Improvement Users Group, Gemba Academy, The Toyota Way, and Lean in Higher Education.
- Offers a diverse network to share innovative practices ensuring sustainable competitive advantage in Michigan, measured by economic, environmental, and social health.
- Gemba Academy Blog and Podcasts
- Lean Blog
- Lean Insider
- Lean Pathways
- The Lean Post
- A Lean Journey: The Quest for True North
Free Online Tools
- Trello—Collaborative personal kanbans, web based and available on mobile devices.
- Toodledo—To-do list that includes alarms, is sortable and collaborative and available on mobile, in email, on your calendar or online.
- LeanKit—Visual project management for teams, free for up to 10 users with three kanban boards and more available for a fee.