Welcome to Michigan Tech's newest housing option, the Hillside Place! Hillside Place offers a unique living environment that is similar to the residence halls, yet includes many independent living features. Hillside Place is reserved for three different groups of students:
- Graduate students (currently enrolled in the Graduate School)
- Undergraduate students (senior or non-traditional students who are 21 years of age or older)
- Single Student Groups (full-time students who have completed one year of college)
Hillside Place residence hall at Michigan Technological University is one of the first Gold Certified student residences in Michigan, click here to read more.
Each unit consists of 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and living area. Each person will have his or her own individual bedroom. All students will share the main living area, defined as the kitchen, living room, and bathrooms.
Included in the rate are cable and internet. Cleaning services of the living area twice a month are also included.
- Electric range (oven & stovetop)
What To Bring
- Table lamps
- Sheets (extra long twin)
- Cooking utensils
- Silverware and dishes
- Laundry detergent
Each hall has its own collection of dining halls, student lounges, and a reception desk. Select any of the additional services below for a description and more information.
Reception Desk Services (In McNair)
- Mail service for students and staff
- Check out: sports equipment, board games, basic tool kits, kitchen equipment and utensils, vacuums for student use
- Cash/change exchange up to $20
- Room key check-out for lost or misplaced room key
- Sell meal passes for the dining hall in McNair
- McNair Desk phone #906-487-4700
For the fitness enthusiast, each hall has a fitness room, well-equipped with aerobic and weight training equipment. All residence hall students can join the Quad Core Fitness Club for a nominal fee.
The game rooms offer a variety of recreational equipment from pool tables to arcade games. Equipment is provided and may be checked out at the Reception Desks.
Laundry rooms are conveniently located in each hall.
Many areas, specifically designated for studying, are located in each residence hall. A quiet environment is observed there at all times.
Computing at Michigan Tech is available in many places and in many ways. Each major has computing facilities with the hardware and software that are available to you through your computing fee.
Many students bring their own desktop or laptop computer. ResTech is Michigan Tech's residence hall network that provides students with high-speed Internet access from the comfort of their rooms. A list of wireless Internet hotzones on campus is also available through RoverNet.
Printers are available for residents to use on campus. For more information visit Residence Hall Printing.
Saunas are available for students in each residence hall. Hours for use are posted in the respective hall.