HuskyCare Health Plans
Michigan Tech provides two medical insurance choices: HuskyCare PPO and HuskyCare High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). New employees select their choices during Human Resource's New Employee Orientation. Each November, current employees can modify their selections during the open enrollment period. The benefit plan year is January 1 through December 31.
- HuskyCare Plan Comparison
- HuskyCare PPO Plan Design
- HuskyCare HDHP Plan Design
- Required Documentation for Dependents Health/Dental/Vision Plans
Summary of Benefits and Coverage
Blue Cross Online Visits
Health Savings Account (HSA) Information
- How does an HSA work?
- Employee HSA Contribution Change Form
- HSA Deposit Slip
- HSA Frequently Asked Questions
- Qualified Medical Expenses
- HSA Fee Schedule
- HSA Website Overview
HSA Banweb Assistance Video
This four-minute video is designed to assist you in setting up your HSA through Banweb. If you have trouble viewing this video, click on the 'Youtube' button in the bottom right of the video playback bar.
Designated Eligible Individual (DEI) Program
Michigan Tech offers a competitive benefit package to its employees in order to recruit and retain the very best faculty and staff. In 2008, we implemented the Designated Eligible Individual (DEI) program to expand health benefits to individuals for whom coverage may not traditionally have been available.
To learn more about the DEI program criteria and to enroll, please download the DEI enrollment form. To view the current costs and taxes associated with this program, please view the DEI costs and taxes chart.
The DEI enrollment form must be completed during the benefits open enrollment period each fall or no more than 30 days after the above criteria are met.
Massage Therapy Claims
Michigan Tech’s health insurance covers massage therapy when prescribed by a physician. The prescription must state the number of sessions prescribed and the diagnosis. Services must be by an independent, licensed massage therapist who is not practicing with, or in business with the physician prescribing the massage therapy. Massage therapy is covered under the Outpatient Short-Term Rehabilitation umbrella which includes a combined 60 visit maximum per year.
Please follow these guidelines to file a claim for massage therapy:
- Complete a BCBSM claim form
- Write "Michigan Tech Massage Therapy" at the top of the form
- Include with your claim (make sure these are new and legible copies):
- a copy of your BCBSM member card
- a copy of the prescription which includes the diagnosis
- a copy of the itemized receipt from the provider that includes the procedure code (97124) and the code for the specific diagnosis (or the name of the diagnosis)
- Claims may be faxed to 866-392-6519. For your convenience and faster processing use
the massage therapy fax cover sheet.
or mailed to:
ATTN Michigan Tech Claims
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
PO Box 230555
Grand Rapids MI 49523-0555
- For claim questions please contact BCBSM at 877-760-8575
Michigan Tech provides prescription coverage with the HuskyCare Health Plans through Express Scripts. Express Scripts offers in-store pick up, as well as home delivery for prescriptions. To learn more about Express Scripts and prescription coverage, please check out the information below, visit the Express Scripts website, or download the Express Scripts Mobile App.
- Home Delivery Brochure
- Home Delivery Checklist
- Your Guide to Generic Medications
- Express Scripts Mobile App
- Express Scripts Frequently Asked Questions
If you are traveling abroad, your healthcare benefits go with you. Use these helpful links to learn more about the BlueCard Worldwide Program before you travel.
The Consolidated Omnibus Reconciliation Act (COBRA) is a law that allows eligible former employees the option to continue health insurance coverage under their previous group plan at the termination of employment. Former employees who elect COBRA coverage assume the full responsibility for the cost of the premiums. For more information on COBRA see the COBRA Continuation Coverage Election Notice or contact the Benefits Office.