Michigan Tech has three unions. Each union's contract sets forth terms and conditions of employment such as wages, hours, and working conditions. They establish the machinery for collective bargaining and promote orderly and peaceful labor relations between the University and it's employees.
AFSCME (American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees):
The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (ASFCME) represents Michigan Technological University's service and maintenance employees.
- AFSCME Contract (February 14, 2013 through January 1, 2015)
- AFSCME Grievance Form
- AFSCME Reclassification Form
POA (Police Officers Association):
The Police Officers Association (POA) represents Michigan Technological University's police officers.
UAW (United Auto Workers):
The United Auto Workers (UAW) represents Michigan Technological University's office professionals.
- UAW Contract (2014-2015) - Signature Page Coming Soon
UAW Temporary Employee Program
UAW Position Audit
- UAW Checkoff for Representative
- UAW Grievance Form
- UAW Request for Performance Evaluations
- UAW Job Posting Minimum Requirements
- UAW Certification Program Memo of Understanding
- UAW SDC Multipurpose Room Usage Memo of Understanding
- UAW Standardized Testing Memo of Understanding
- UAW Classification Review Memo of Understanding
- UAW Wage Review Memo of Understanding