Michigan Tech has three unions. Each union's contract sets forth terms and conditions of employment such as wages, hours, and working conditions. They establish the machinery for collective bargaining and promote orderly and peaceful labor relations between the University and it's employees.
AFSCME (American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees):
The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (ASFCME) represents Michigan Technological University's service and maintenance employees.
- AFSCME Contract (January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2017)
- AFSCME Grievance Form
- AFSCME Reclassification Form
POA (Police Officers Association):
The Police Officers Association (POA) represents Michigan Technological University's police officers.
UAW (United Auto Workers):
The United Auto Workers (UAW) represents Michigan Technological University's office professionals.
- Memo of Understanding - UAW Bonus Program
- UAW Bonus Instructions
- UAW Bonus Request Form
- UAW Bonus Request Job Aid
UAW Temporary Employee Program
- Letter to UAW Employees Regarding the UAW Temp. Program (11-30-2012)
- UAW Temporary Employee Program Instructions for Supervisors